Proper Excited!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Have been looking to purchase a whole home cinema / music set up over the past few weeks.

Last week i bit the bullet and made my first purchase which was the onkyo 905 which was a start. We have spent weeks auditiong different speakers ranging from B&W's, tannoys, dali's, rega's and monitor audio. Last week i thought i was going with the rega r5's but wanted one last audition at another store. o i took my onk along and after trying a couple of speakers i eventualy ended up hearing the Neat Motive 2's and love them. Then made the mistake of asking to hear the Neat Motive 1's. I fell in love with them straight away. We then hooked it all up as a surround sound system and again we were impressed. Every other speaker we have listened to over the weeks we felt were lacking in some way shape or form either musically or as a surround system. I cant explain how excited i am now that i feel i have found the perfect speakers for my ears. Such a sweet sound and not at all fatiguing or hard. Bass, mid and treble are all extremely nice. So, i now have my amp and my speakers (yet to actualy purchase the speakers) and a CD player in the form of the Rega Apollo. I need to decide on the TV and stand and then thats me done. (the mrs will be pleased!)

I cant wait to see it all set up and i now feel like a kid at christmas time. I will post photos as soon as its up and running.

I would like to say that reading and posting on ths board has helped me no end.

Cheers

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
All sounds great! The excitement and enjoyment's what it's all about - all too easy to lose sight of with all the decisions that have to be made.

Look forward to seeing the pictures - enjoy
emotion-21.gif

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
Great stuff. There is something special about unpacking new toys. Set it all up and play the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan and enjoy.

A

Anonymous

deposit made and the speakers are now on order! (3 weeks wait though! grrr).

Decision made on the TV. Panasonic 46PZ85.

Now all we have to do is decide on the AV rack and speakers stands for the rears and we are all sorted!

GET IN!
emotion-4.gif

timwileman

Mar 19, 2008
Visit site
Gander:
deposit made and the speakers are now on order! (3 weeks wait though! grrr).

Decision made on the TV. Panasonic 46PZ85.

Now all we have to do is decide on the AV rack and speakers stands for the rears and we are all sorted!

GET IN!
emotion-4.gif

cables?

A

Anonymous

well, after the mrs seeing th 46" TV at the weekend i have had to downscale!! Bummer. So its a 42 inch Pana. Saved a few quid i guess.
emotion-7.gif

The cables are all atlas, qed, and chord where applicable and all free!

A

Anonymous

All my kit gets delivered and set up this friday.... this week cant go quick enough!!

Anyway, my gear is as follows......

Pana 42" plasma; Onkyo 905; Rega Apollo CD Player; Neat Motive 1's for fronts, Motive C for centre and 3's for rears (On partington ansa 100 stands or wall mounted, not sure yet); Velodyne or M&K sub (testing both at home) Alphason ST600 90-B TV stand for the TV and centre speaker; Atacama Equinox 4 shelf in piano black for the AV kit; Chord Rumour 4 to bi amp the fronts; QED sub cable; QED Original for rears; Atlas HDMI cables; Atlas Equator for the CD player; Coax for my dvd player (old sony one until i get a blu ray player) and virgin V+

will post photos over the weekend i hope!

A

Anonymous

They are indeed!

Only problem is now that they aint getting done until a week thursday due to late cabinets or something!!

emotion-9.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts