Projector for a beginner???

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, low budget for a 'decent' projector. Quick google search reveals you're unlikely to get Full HD at that price. I would say it's impossible to get anything to compete with your (very good) TV at that budget.

A

Anonymous

Projectors are def the way to go but for that budget you are not gonna get much. I would probably suggest looking for a second hand one which is in good condition with not many hours on the bulb. another site classifieds are a great place to find good 2nds. There is an LG one on there at the moment for around £700 so you probably get him down to nearer £600 and then you will be getting a damn good projector!

A

Anonymous

BenLaw:Hmm, low budget for a 'decent' projector. Quick google search reveals you're unlikely to get Full HD at that price. I would say it's impossible to get anything to compete with your (very good) TV at that budget.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I agree if the projector was fo me, but I forgot to mention it is for my Daughter who has had her garage converted into a room, and the son in law want's to put up a projector for the family. they don't have a lot of funds so want to experience a cinema world without having to pay the earth
emotion-1.gif
So I said I'd do some groundwork and see what the experts have to say.

A

Anonymous

andytucker:Projectors are def the way to go but for that budget you are not gonna get much. I would probably suggest looking for a second hand one which is in good condition with not many hours on the bulb. another site classifieds are a great place to find good 2nds. There is an LG one on there at the moment for around £700 so you probably get him down to nearer £600 and then you will be getting a damn good projector!

Yes I think second hand would be a good start, thanks.

Any other comments ?

A

Anonymous

I would suggest an Optoma HD67 from Richer Sounds for 399 pounds. I know its a little over your budget but I have been running an Optoma HD65 for the last 2 years and although its 720p and not full HD its a cracking little projector for the money and has a loyal following online. It introduced me to projection and I have near 1,500 hours on it now as does my father who has the same machine in his cinema room. I think it would eliminate any risk you may have in buying second hand and trust me, the picture is excellent for the price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts