project signature 10

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
although with a price tag of £4000 (+ extra for cartridge), its just a dream for the majority of people but if my 6 numbers come up anytime soon then it would probably be the first thing I would buy as I love vinyl.

*music2*

ps. if you were after my opinion on how it sounds etc then sorry to disappoint you.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
macdiddy said:
although with a price tag of £4000 (+ extra for cartridge), its just a dream for the majority of people but if my 6 numbers come up anytime soon then it would probably be the first thing I would buy as I love vinyl.

*music2*

ps. if you were after my opinion on how it sounds etc then sorry to disappoint you.

Here in America it costs $6,000. A very expensive turntable.

eric132

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
signature10.jpg

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
spiny norman said:
Probably a bit better than a Crosley, but you know – law of diminishing returns and all that.

I'm thinking of trading in my system for a Crosley Cruiser.........Are they any good Spiny?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
eric132 said:
macdiddy said:

*music2*

?

Amateur, try the new Statement from Clearaudio, £92k, without tonearm, weighing in at around £32k (of which it can take 4!). Add on a suitable cartridge and you could push it on towards £150k with only one tonearm. I don't know what that is in dollars but it's comfortably north of $200k I expect.

The_Lhc said:
eric132 said:
macdiddy said:

*music2*

Amateur, try the new Statement from Clearaudio, £92k, without tonearm, weighing in at around £32k (of which it can take 4!). Add on a suitable cartridge and you could push it on towards £150k with only one tonearm. I don't know what that is in dollars but it's comfortably north of $200k I expect.

You forgot the cost of a new floor to take the weight. :)

Think I 'll stick to dreaming of an Techdas Air Force One.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
The_Lhc said:
eric132 said:
macdiddy said:

*music2*

?

No, no, that's all included in the quote for the new listening room build...

The_Lhc said:
Al ears said:
The_Lhc said:
eric132 said:
macdiddy said:

*music2*

In that case where do I sign?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
The_Lhc said:
Al ears said:
The_Lhc said:
eric132 said:
macdiddy said:

*music2*

?

In that case where do I sign?

Bottom right-hand corner of your cheque please...

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I think I've heard the Signature 10 (Bristol show), but I've certainly heard the Xtension 10 and 9 (extensively last year where the Project / Henley rooms were some of the very best and most musical sounds at the show (a hyper expensive Chord DAC/amp into Kef Reference speakers being my other favourite). SO much so that I've just taken possession of an Xtension 9, in preference to the RP8 and various other £2k odd t/ts. With the Quintet Black cartridge it's exceptional value and sounds several leagues above an RP6, for example - very smooth and stunningly detailed (and I've had LP12s etc).

What made a big difference too was the balanced XLR outputs into the Phono Box RS XLR inputs - quite surprisingly superb all round. Maybe I'll get the Xtension 10 next year but tbh don't need to. The battery-powered Phono PSU looks interesting though!

jerry klinger said:
I think I've heard the Signature 10 (Bristol show), but I've certainly heard the Xtension 10 and 9 (extensively last year where the Project / Henley rooms were some of the very best and most musical sounds at the show (a hyper expensive Chord DAC/amp into Kef Reference speakers being my other favourite). SO much so that I've just taken possession of an Xtension 9, in preference to the RP8 and various other £2k odd t/ts. With the Quintet Black cartridge it's exceptional value and sounds several leagues above an RP6, for example - very smooth and stunningly detailed (and I've had LP12s etc).

What made a big difference too was the balanced XLR outputs into the Phono Box RS XLR inputs - quite surprisingly superb all round. Maybe I'll get the Xtension 10 next year but tbh don't need to. The battery-powered Phono PSU looks interesting though!

Which power supply is that?

Ignore above, just found it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts