Processors and multi-channel amps.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought Monitor Audio RS8's which will front my av music setup they're coming next week. My Mission 775's will go to the back.

My plan for the near future is to build a HTPC incorporating BluRay and bitstream my music to an AV amp probably the Sony STR-DA2400ES.

The trouble is while I am waiting to clear some bills and save some money I wonder if maybe I can get the best of both worlds with music and cinema. I've often seen that an integrated amp will out perform an av amp that is considerably dearer.

I've not seen many reviews on processors but they are all on the expensive side. Is there any thing out there that will process the AV music to a high quality for a reasonable price. In the short term maybe I could pass through to my existing av amp as a power amp and then get a good multi channel amp as the money becomes available.

Or do I just have to buy a top end AV amp later down the road? 

S.Jacob

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
I recently bought an Onkyo PRSC 886 AV processor (£1050 on e-bay!) which is a definite improvement on my previous Rotel processor. It sounds especially good in stereo through balanced connections. There is a Marantz MM 8003 for sale(ex-demo) for £800 by Sevenoaks Glasgow, which would be an excellent combination as you could use balanced connections for all channels.

A

Anonymous

My system fed by it's own dedicated mains supply through BT conditioners is spot on with music.

Mind you I have had to build custom crossovers with high end components to get the RS8's really singing, boy are they now good.

A

Anonymous

Tell me more Trev. I read a review in another magazine that the timing in the RS8's was excellent contrary to here. However if it is not to expensive and difficult then I could be persuaded to follow your lead.

Are you able to provide more information please.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

S.Jacob:I recently bought an Onkyo PRSC 886 AV processor (£1050 on e-bay!) which is a definite improvementÿon my previous Rotel processor. It sounds especially good in stereo through balanced connections. There is a Marantz MM 8003 for sale(ex-demo) for £800ÿby Sevenoaks Glasgow,ÿwhich would be an excellent combination as you could use balanced connections for all channels.

ÿThe MM8003 looks a beast and instantly teased me. I had a look at it but it doesn't appeat to support bi-wiring or bi-amping. The Onkyo is good but to be honest is too expensive for me at the moment. Why are the processors so dear?

ÿI was hoping for something nearer to the price of the STR-DA2400ES but I'm not sure there is anything available. If I can get good music as well as home cinema then I might pay a little more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts