Problems with the Sony BDP-s370. Player or format?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
To-night while watching my brand new Blue Ray copy of "Millenium" the Sony started making a whirring noise, which gradually increased in volume until it almost drowned out my speakers.

I fiddled a bit, and found it only occurred on certain spots. I've also noticed that with other Blue Rays there's the same whirring noise, though never at the level of this particular disc nor in the same spot. With DVD playback, the Sony is dead quiet.

Can't say I'm impressed, as since Christmas I've only used the player a handful of times. Anyway, is this something to do with the sensitivity of the format, or do I have a faulty player? Never had any problems like this with any of the many DVD players I've owned.

I'll take the unit back this weekend irrespective, but I confess to being hugely disappointed in the format.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Doubt it's anything to do with the BD format, sounds to me like you've got a faulty player. Presumably it's still under warranty if you got it at Christmas?

A

Anonymous

Yes, it is, and I suspect you're right about it being the player. Not good, though - I've read a bit recently about problems with the Sony BDP-S370.

A

Anonymous

As Andy mentioned must be a faulty unit as I have got the same player since boxing
Day and it's been superb no issues at all

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget the number of complaints you see on-line is probably a very small number compared to who bought this player, people tend to jump on and post when things go wrong, not so much so if everything is OK.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts