Problems with Nad c316bee, maybe you can help ;)

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Hi all [:)]

So today I bought a Nad c316bee amp for my parents (they are in Spain now, so I thought I would surprise them, by having a amp + speakers (my old Dali Lektor 1's) connected to their TV when they get home).

When I connect it to the blu-ray player (Sony BDP-S370), via the aux line I get sound, at least from a pair of headphones, but I can't get it working with the TV alone. The salesman told me to connect the amp to the TV with a 3.5 jack stick, and so I did, but the only thing I get, is this horrible "hissing" coming out of the headphones. What should I do?

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
It does. But when I connect it via that, I don't even get that "hissing" noise
emotion-6.gif

matthewpiano

Is there an audio output setting in the TV's menus? Could the TV be sending audio out to it's digital output instead of the analogue ones?

(I am trouble shooting a bit here as I'm not really familiar with Samsung TVs)

Chokobolt

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Heh, it's okay.

The only thing you can do in the audio settings is that you can switch between "TV-speakers" or "Your own speakers". And of course I have tried "Your own speakers"
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

i think the only way to connect TV to an amp is via the analog "audio output"

i cannot find the user manual of your samsung but it seems an LCD / plasma, so it is probably a very new TV with HDMI features. Here is my experience with HDMI.

at a friend's house, i tried to connect the new Philips DVD player to his new amp, but no sound. All connections are correct and tight. So i played around with the remote control try to figure out what is wrong. It turns out that i have to change one of the HDMI setting before the analog sound can come out from the DVD player. Note that my own LG DVD player (also has HDMI features) has no similar issues.

so you can play around with the TV's setting and see what will do for you. i think this is setting issue, not production issue (unit malfunction).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts