Problems with conflicting equipment settings

iadkin

Jun 9, 2007
Visit site
At least I think that's the problem. I have a Sky HD (generation 1) box hooked up to one of the HDMI ins on my Onkyo TXSR606. I also have a Sony BDP350 attached the same way. I then use the Onkyo's HDMI out to connect to my Hitachi 42PD7200 TV. The problem is that despite rejigging the configuration several times the screen blanks at regular points and then displayed an an "invalid input" message before returning to the picture. Interesting this only happens when i view Sky and the Blu-Ray and DVD pictures are excellent. It can happen on either HD or SD programmes. I am guessing that this is a problem between the Sky box and the Onkyo both trying to optimise the picture but am not really sure. Can anyone help with the best configuration or a suggestion on how to fix things?

Ian

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Check there's no HDMI control conflict by turning off anything that says RIHD, HDMI control, HDMI CEC or the like on the Onkyo and the TV.

Make sure the Onkyo's HDMI video output is set to 'through', so its scaling doesn't conflict with that in the TV.

Set the Sky box picture output to 'Auto'

One of those should hopefully clear the problem.

iadkin

Jun 9, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Andrew. I've set it as you suggest but am still getting screen and audio black outs of a few seconds from time to time. SOmetimes it's frequent and sometimes less so but it is annoying.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Is this at any time or only when you change channels? If you've set nothing to do the upscaling (SkyHD picture output set to "auto" and the amp set to pass-through) then you will get blank screens when changing from and SD to HD channel and vice versa on Sky, it's whilst the TV switches resolution.

iadkin

Jun 9, 2007
Visit site
No it happens while watching the TV and not just changing channels. If I connect teh Sky box directly to the TV the problem goes away but I only have one HDMI in so need to run everything through my Onkyo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts