Problems with 3D pictures?

Miggs

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finlux-42F7020-D-42-Inch-Widescreen-Freeview/dp/B0085A55S4/ref=sr_1_4?s=home-theater&ie=UTF8&qid=1354474263&sr=1-4

My dad bought the above 3D tv last week as he wanted to go down the 3D route. The tv itself is fine with a good HD picture and a very good 3D picture when watching a 3D blue ray disc. Whats not so good is the picture when watching 3D sports from SKY, it does not work. Dad has virgin comming into his house and we have been onto them and they say it should work. Dad even had a new 500gb Tivo box fitted last week. The virgin engineer who fitted it checked it all out and even he said it wold work but it doesn't. I have checked the TV manual for what you do when you want 3D and as far as I can see everything is fine but when you select 3D with the football you are getting 2 images side by side. The side by side setting is what the manual says you have to set the TV to when you want 3D. What could be going wrong? I don't think dad is getting a 3D signal for the sports. Its fine for blue ray films but not SD sport, any help for my dad would be appreciated.

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Do you have SkyTV or do you use Virgin Media ?

On Sky all the 3D stuff is on the 3D channel (Sky 217), and when you select this channel you see 2 images side-by-side. Then you select side by side on you TV and it morphs the pictures together.

On virgin media its only certain stuff in the On Demand section thats available in 3D isnt it ? Again you can tell the program is in 3D cos you see the 2images as above.

I believe the only way to watch sky sports in 3D is on Sky (and only skyworld customers at that).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts