Problems w/ Audiolab 8200CDQ + 8200P

dsuciato

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site

Dear ALL,

Just replaced my old 8200CD & 8200A with the Oled version of 8200CDQ plus the 8200P to my ProAC Studio 140 MkII. Interconnect: Chord Company Chorus Reference & speakers cable w/ Chords Odyssey2 bi-wire.

I can hear the performance in term of sound quality is much better with new these new equipments, unfortunately there're couple issues that I need explanations. ALL of the below issues happens in ON status when the disc is not playing.

1. If I activated the 8200P first before the CDQ (I know I was supposed to power-up the CDQ first & reverse the process when shut-down), there was hum coming from from speakers. With the 8200A earlier this never happenned. Is it normal?

2. The hum dissappears when the CDQ is activated but still leave a hiss which is audible from 1 meter distance. Is this also normal?

3. The hiss is much less (but still audible with ear around 10cm from the speaker) when the Pre-Amp of the CDQ is set to "Analogue".

4. On the CDQ manual, the factory default setting of the Pre-Amp is "Digital" & said it's superior & for Digital Sources. What does this "Digital Sources" stands for? Only for digital file from computer or USB or from standard CD too? I assume that a CD also a digital source.

5. I only plays CD from this player, not using any digital file from computer. Should I also use the Digital Pre-Amp? If the selection of pre-amp is based on individual taste, I prefer the Digital Pre-Amp but the level of hiss really annoying.

Just to make it clear, those problems never happened w/ my previous old 8200CD & 8200A combo. All supporting equipments remain from my previous system, I only upgrade the CD player & amp.

Thank you in advance.

Dommer

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
You will get some hiss from a power amplifier. You will notice this when you put your ear up agains the speakers. It's quite normal actually.

dsuciato

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Dommer said:
You will get some hiss from a power amplifier. You will notice this when you put your ear up agains the speakers. It's quite normal actually.

Thanks Dommer! Is it any way to maybe decrease this hiss?

I think that the 8200CD is more quite than the the CDQ, since I only using digital pre-amp I'm thinking to switch back to the 8200CD but Oled version this time. Just wonder if the Digital Pre-Amp inside the 8200CD is exactly the same with the one inside the 8200CDQ.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts