Problems setting up SC-BT200

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi - just tried to install my new SC-BT200 but having a few problems can anyone help please.
1. the cable on my right hand rear speaker is about 4 feet too short and I cannot move the speaker any closer because of furniture....any suggestions I was thinking of upgrading the cable but looking at it I dont think it can be done because of the fitting which go into the back of the DVD.
2. I have connected via a HDMI cable and optical cable and with the optical cable used OPTICAL 1 (TV) from the DVD but I have no optical port on the Pana G10 so do I connect this optical cable to the Digital Audio out port on the TV.....there are no other cables to connect are there!!
3. when I turned the DVD on I was not getting the Set Up menus and when I inserted a DVD was only getting the sound no picture.
Appreciate any help as I'm at a complete dinasuar when it comes to anything like this.
thanks
Dave

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
So, for clarity how exactly is it wired up at the moment? What you should have is the Panasonic SC-BT200 unit connected to the TV via the HDMI cable and the DVD player can be connected into the SC-BT200 using optical. If you want, you can also connect the TV's optical output into the SC-BT200 which will allow you to have the standard TV sound through the Panasonic's speakers.

EDIT - I'm also assuming you have another DVD player you're connecting into this, but reading the post again, I'm not so sure. When you say DVD, do you mean the SC-BT200 unit or do you have another DVD player you're connecting in?

A

Anonymous

Sorry, firstly, when I mentioned DVD I meant the SC-BT200 unit......I have removed my DVD so just have the TV and SC-BT200

At present I have checked all speaker cables and they are wired correctly. I have the HDMI cable from the SC-BT200 HDMI AV OUT port to the TV HDMI 1 port and the optical cable from the SC-BT200 OPTICAL 1 (TV) port to the TV Digital Audio Out port.

Thanks

Dave

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Wiring is all okay then - so long as the TV is set to the HDMI1 input, you should be getting a picture. Just looking through the manual though, it suggests that the composite cable is also connected as some features may not be displayed via HDMI. I think it's worth connecting up with the composite (should have come with the SC-BT200) so you can see the settings and ensure that the HDMI Video Mode is set to On (as described on page 11 and 39 of the manual).

A

Anonymous

Many Thanks, professorhat, appreciate your help and will give your suggestions a go.

I do have a Sky+ box but was going to bypass this, but thinking about it (sensibly!!) would it be possible to get surround sound all the time while the tv is on by connecting the Sky+ box to the SC-BT200.

If so, am I right in thinking that I would need another optical cable from SC-BT200 OPTICAL 2 (STB) to the Optical out on the Sky+ box.

Thanks

Dave

A

Anonymous

Followed your advice and it is now working OK would you please help me regarding my last question on surround sound from the tv channels and if I am right regarding the Sky+ to BT200 connection.

Thanks

Dave

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
camerashy:I do have a Sky+ box but was going to bypass this, but thinking about it (sensibly!!) would it be possible to get surround sound all the time while the tv is on by connecting the Sky+ box to the SC-BT200.

If so, am I right in thinking that I would need another optical cable from SC-BT200 OPTICAL 2 (STB) to the Optical out on the Sky+ box.

Yup, that's exactly what you need to do - bit more detail is provided on page12 of the manual to get the correct input when you're watching Sky.

A

Anonymous

Professorhat - thank you so much for all your help and valuable advice.....you have been a life saver to a novice and dinasaur like me.

Thanks again

Dave

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You're welcome!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts