Problem. Need some help with weird setup!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My setup at the moment is:
video: Sony KDL 40W4500 + Harman Kardon BDP 10 + Apple TV + HD Sat Box, Techlink HDMI splitter
audio: Harman Kardon HK990 + Harman Kardon HD990 + Apple TV
speakers: System Audio SA 720 (R+L) + System Audio SE 200 (Sub)

I hate surround sound and want stereo + sub, probably the best possible stereo sound, from all sources. I don't understand at all what all the PCM signal is all about. I need a unit, that could input video thru HDMI (at least 3 inputs), convert and/or upscale it and send it thru HDMI to my TV, the same unit should be able to rip 2 chanell audio from those HDMI inputs (Blu Ray and HD Sat Box) in possibly best freakin' quality and handle with care and love 2 chanel signal from my CD player. The tricky thing is - it must all be without that HDMI splitter.

Is a home cinema pre matched with a 2 channel power amp a good solution, for instance:
- Audiolab 8000AP + 2x8000M
- Emotiva UMC1 + XPA2

Or is there no sense of buying a 5.1/7.1 chanel reciever/pre to use with stereo amplification??? Or maybe someone/anyone knows of any 2.1 amp/reciever with HDMI inputs for video only... Also thought of buying a DVDO Edge and sending audio out from it to my existing Harman...

Has anyone had a problem like this before? Searchiing for a unit that is stereo only but handles high definition stereo and HD video???

d.

nads

sounds like you really are trying to cause yourself lots of problems.

maybe look at a AV Pre amp and set the BD player to out put boring stereo or the amp to downmix any sound to stereo?

or just run a connection from the TV to the current amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts