ProAc Trauma

josbd

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
Cat incident sent one of my ProAc's, Dreadnought stands (filled and spiked) flying. It dropped a couple of feet and now: silence on the rh channel. I am pretty certain it is not the amp, since speaker leads remained connected and did not cross.

I am sure this does not fall within the remit of the guarantee, and having shelled out for the system not long ago, my pockets are empty.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Cat is completely unperturbed............. until I get hold of it!

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Switch the speakers over to exclude any other possible fault then open up the speaker in question to see if anything has come loose. - Take it from there. After completion microwave cat. It wont help the speaker but will make you feel better.

regards

josbd

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
He is a very big beast, not clumsy, just determined not to let anything get in his way.... :S

No house insurance, sadly.

OK, did as Drummerman suggested. Speaker does work, so it is the Caspian amp. Pretty much certain that it is just a quick blow on the right hand channel. Rather than glowing red, the source button is glowing amber, so it is def the amp. Thing is, a cursory look shows me rivets or similar, rather than screws, so am presuming I have to send it away to have it fixed. Seems a bit unnecessary if it is just a quick blow fuse. I am aware this will stuff the guarantee. Prob being stupid. Guess I shall have to save up until I can afford to have it sorted out........ goddammit!!!

Oh yes: much sparking, flame and destruction were tin foil to be added to the micro... hmmmm :D

josbd

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
tamper proof... I have Torx screwdrivers but these are way to shallow to hold a torx. Guess it makes more sense to send the thing back in case transistors have been blown etc.

The thing is that the only other amp in the house is a sub £100 Cambridge Audio. Ah well, that should be em interesting, eh!

Thank you all very much indeed for your help and humour. Very much appreciated :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts