ProAc Tabblett Reffrence 8 Vs PolkAudio Lsim703

jimmy

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi everyone

Iv got the option to purchase a ProAc TR8 for $1600 or a PolkAudio Lsim703 $1200. Iv heard the 703 which i really liked but iv not heard the ProAc. Iv had previous Proac products (D28) which i sold, i do like the proac sound nice and warm but i needed to downgrade in speaker size (bookshlfes). Iv only had a quick listen to the 703 which had very very big sound which im after but with the Proac they seem much smaller hmmmm. Il be running a SVS pb2000 intregrated with the 2 channel system...

Whats your thoughs?

jimmy said:
Hi everyone

Iv got the option to purchase a ProAc TR8 for $1600 or a PolkAudio Lsim703 $1200. Iv heard the 703 which i really liked but iv not heard the ProAc. Iv had previous Proac products (D28) which i sold, i do like the proac sound nice and warm but i needed to downgrade in speaker size (bookshlfes). Iv only had a quick listen to the 703 which had very very big sound which im after but with the Proac they seem much smaller hmmmm. Il be running a SVS pb2000 intregrated with the 2 channel system...

Whats your thoughs?

Welcome to the forum jimmy.

I would have thought the answer might be obvious. If you have the funds then wait until you have had chance to audition the ProAcs.

I have not heard the Polks and it wouldn't really matter either way as it is you who has to make the decision. If you cannot audition the ProAcs and the Polks do everything you require then buy them. I would not buy the ProAcs purely on spec.

TRENDING THREADS