Proac Studio 115 or Dynaudio Focus 110 with Yamaha A-S1000?

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I am looking for a pair of compact speakers to go with my Yamaha A-S1000 amplifier. This week i tried the Dynaudio Focus 110 at home and was very impressed by the sound and especially by the deep, tight and powerful bass. A while ago i also heard a pair of Proac Studio 110 in another setup and was also very impressed.

Would the Proac Studio 115 be a good/better match with my Yamaha amp or is the Dynaudio which which i liked very much in my own setup a better choice?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
There's no substitute for trying. Both are excellent speakers - the ProAcs being a far more recent design, so may have certain benefits/advantages. You seem to like both - find somewhere where you can try both side by side, or somewhere where you can try them at home inyour system and decide for yourself.

ErwinC:
I am looking for a pair of compact speakers to go with my Yamaha A-S1000 amplifier. This week i tried the Dynaudio Focus 110 at home and was very impressed by the sound and especially by the deep, tight and powerful bass. A while ago i also heard a pair of Proac Studio 110 in another setup and was also very impressed.

Would the Proac Studio 115 be a good/better match with my Yamaha amp or is the Dynaudio which which i liked very much in my own setup a better choice?

Hi ErwinC

I've not heard the A-S1000 with the Studio 115's however just as you i also feel the full, rich, powerful and dynamic sound of Dynaudio speakers (such as the Focus 110's) works very well with Yamaha amplification such as the A-S1000 and A-S2000.

Btw, you also might be interested to know that i have a few clients who also happily using A-S1000/A-S2000 amplifiers with ATC monitors such as the SCM11's and SCM19's. Anyway something worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT:
Hi ErwinC

I've not heard the A-S1000 with the Studio 115's however just as you i also feel the full, rich, powerful and dynamic sound of Dynaudio speakers (such as the Focus 110's) works very well with Yamaha amplification such as the A-S1000 and A-S2000.

Btw, you also might be interested to know that i have a few clients who also happily using A-S1000/A-S2000 amplifiers with ATC monitors such as the SCM11's and SCM19's. Anyway something worth bearing in mind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thanks for the tip, i will try to find some ATC speakers.

In the meantime i also heard a pair of Elac BS 243 and i must say i was very impressed by the open and very detailled sound with a tight and controlled bass. A very dynamic speaker. Quite different from the Dynaudio Focus 110 but also very good in my opinion.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts