Proac Response D18s or Response D2s which is the better buy?

ianswells

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

Need advice here. The D twos get a great review which makes them seem to be better than the D18s floorstander. Can anyone clarify this or add advice.

Ian

SteveR750

Listen to them both. An "equivalent" floorstander and standmount will always be different, From experience, the d18 is turning out to be stunning, the clarity and precision of the mid / upper midband is incredible. These are the first speakers that are significantly more revealing than any phones I have heard, but they are also wonderfully integrated, the bass guitars of tracks are playing with the band and not just a low frequency noise. I'm sure the D2s will have a similar tonality, but without the depth of bass.

audiokid

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have demo'd both and it really depends on the room the will be in. My room was 4x4m and I found the D18 a little too big on the bass, and also visually. The D2s are great, but I found them a little knocked back in the mid band compared to the D18.

My verdict would be, the D18 is a slightly better speaker if the room can take it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts