ProAc Response D18 or Dynaudio Excite X32 with DSP-Z7

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have listened to a lot of speaker and have narrowed it down to either the ProAc Response D18 or the Dynaudio Excite X32.

I have a Yamaha DSP-Z7 but unfortunately I haven't been able to listen to either of these speaker with this amp as no one has any and I don’t fancy unwiring it!

Has anyone had any experience with any of these speakers with this receiver? Or any comments?

I probably listen to 70% music, 30% Movies

Thanks in advance

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Very personal opinion here. Quite different speakers, and those who have either one will love them for their qualities. My explanation of the two would go like this, but you have to bear in mind my preference would be for the D18's, so may sound a little biased.#

The X32's will have quite a lot of bass - great for AV, maybe not so for music - and are a very pleasing, likeable sound, nothing too offensive overall. I found i preferred them with the bungs in to calm the bass down a bit, which brought out more detail. The Proacs are a naturally more even sound, less bass than the Dyn's, but having more mid/treble detail because of this. Either one will suit AV, but for different reasons. Musically, I prefer the D18's which will give you a more even balance, but those who like a warmer, softer sound will prefer the Dyn's.

In a nutshell
emotion-1.gif

west05:

Hi

I have listened to a lot of speaker and have narrowed it down to either the ProAc Response D18 or the Dynaudio Excite X32.

I have a Yamaha DSP-Z7 but unfortunately I haven't been able to listen to either of these speaker with this amp as no one has any and I don't fancy unwiring it!

Has anyone had any experience with any of these speakers with this receiver? Or any comments?

I probably listen to 70% music, 30% Movies

Thanks in advance

Hi w05

From these two i would choose the Dynaudio's X32 speakers as i believe it will be a better match for the Yamaha DSP-Z7.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts