ProAc Response D1 - Why so few opinions?

Mats Johansson

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in these speakers and I tried to google them, but found very little about them. A few opinions here and there, but no serious reviews.

Their predecessor, the Response 1SC, seems to be regarded something of a classic. So why is the D1 so overlooked? Have anyone here listened to them?

A

Anonymous

Yep, I listen to them every morning and evening in my bedroom system. Fantastic speakers!

I was the same as you, looked for reviews and there wernt amy at all, but the older 1sc there were loads of stunning reviews. After listeneing to the d1's and spendor sa1's I chose the proac. They have to be on very sturdy mass loaded stands to get the best out of them, but got to say they are stunning sweet sounding speakers. Buy with confidence....

A

Anonymous

Maybe because Proac is like Accuphase, Yamamoto, Luxman and Leben. They don't invest much in marketing ...

A

Anonymous

As you say, the 1SCs had a very good press, but the D1 are newer, so less feedback so far. If they're anything like the 1SCs, they're brilliant.

Potboyslim: may I ask what speaker stands you're using, and how high they are? I'm not too happy with mine aesthetically and wonder what other options there are. I've got Attacama Nexus.

Hedgehgo

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
They are brilliant. I bought my D2 used from some one who switched to D1. He compared extensively D1 and D2 and given his system + room, he opted for D1 and so I bought off D2 from him. He is running D1 with an Audionote Valve amp and it sounded very smooth. Very similar to D2 and may be a little small presentation but in the back to back comparision in a small room I found almost no difference with D2 at low volumes.

Mats Johansson

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I'm going to audition these before I make a decision, but it's always good to hear positive feedback.

My amplifier is a Primare i30 btw. I've read there's good synergy between Primare and ProAc.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I would also consider the Tablette Anniversary. Both similar price points, with the Tablette using technology that's filtered down from their Carbon series, which has so far had very positive effects on the models already updated with this technology.

TRENDING THREADS