Proac reference 8 signature

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Has anyone heard these? I'm looking for some very small speakers for wall mounting in my kitchen. These are small. Will be partnered with the kit on my tag, albeit in a different room.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Thanks John. I have an opportunity to buy a pair for £595 brand new and factory sealed. How do I get that past the missus?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
There's only one pair I think, however the company that I get them from does have some fantastic deals on hi-end kit so if you want something then I will ask them. I can't risk you nicking my Proacs! ;-)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
If I told her they were going to be £595 she would go ape. Think I'll plump for the "£200 less than I sold the Linn Classik and EPOS ELS3s for darling", and don't they look great, so small and lovely in our lovely kitchen.

Oh and it's a special build rosewood which will fit in with the table in the kitchen too!

John Duncan

I defer to you on the Proacs, obviously - finders keepers I say, though am always interested in companies that can provide high end kit at knock-down prices (as long as it looks sufficiently like my current kit for me to swap in unnoticed
emotion-2.gif
)

cheers

JD

John Duncan

[quote user="JoelSim"]Thanks John. I have an opportunity to buy a pair for £595 brand new and factory sealed. How do I get that past the missus?[/quote]

And on a final note, they could pass for these if you left the grilles on
emotion-5.gif
:

http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=GALE-3010S-BCH

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the AVIs are from the same place.

If you go to audiologica.co.uk and email Richard, he'll let you know the bargains he has. Some are ex demo and some are new or end of line. I bought my Dali's from him and service is great too.

On the other note my missus knows me better than buying a pair of £49.95 Gales but they do look surprisingly similar so it's once for the excuses cupboard.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Aye, we're having the kitchen redone and we have a breakfast room attached where we always invite people for dinner etc, and the doors to the garden for bbqs so kitchen/breakfast room speakers are a neccessity in my view. Not bad for quite a small flat!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="JohnDuncan"]You don't - you tell me where they are and *I* buy them, thus relieving you of any associated guilt.[/quote]

ROFLMAO!!!!

I guess you could buy her a ring too;)

TRENDING THREADS