Pro-ject thread (I can hear the groans already)

Seems, recently at least, that Pro-ject has crawled, in the main, under the radar. Of course it doesn't have the kudos of some other TT makers - and it's made in the Czech Republic - but I'm more than chuffed with my TT. True it is only £200 jobbie and it's boring to look at but SQ is up there with the best in its price bracket.

Just a little Pro-ject recognition.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Nowt wrong with em PP , nowt wrong with Regas either if you like the sound ,which I dont but thats by the by.

Go up the ladder with Project to the Xtension 10 and you have a stonking TT arm combo for 2K. Trust me its ruddy good and looks the muts to boot.

Where Project are made dosnt come into the equation, a good deck is a good deck, and their quality is spot on. They may be under the radar on here but I wouldnt mind betting they out sell Regas by a country mile worldwide.

chebby said:
plastic penguin said:
Of course it doesn't have the kudos of some other TT makers

Are you joking? Where have you been for the last ten years? Even Linn are using their 9cc tonearms.

A bit of catching up for you...

http://www.whathifi.com/blog/pro-ject-still-re-inventing-20-years-on

I did say "recently at least"

Can't think of anyone on this forum buying a pro-ject recently, even though I've been pushing the make over the past couple of weeks.

floyd droid said:
Nowt wrong with em PP , nowt wrong with Regas either if you like the sound ,which I dont but thats by the by.

Go up the ladder with Project to the Xtension 10 and you have a stonking TT arm combo for 2K. Trust me its ruddy good and looks the muts to boot.

Where Project are made dosnt come into the equation, a good deck is a good deck, and their quality is spot on. They may be under the radar on here but I wouldnt mind betting they out sell Regas by a country mile worldwide.

As I've just explained it is on this forum.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Anyhoo PP. The vast majority of regular posters on here who use a TT dont run a Project. So obv when a noob wants steering which way to go he/she is pointed towards tother company and in they dive , thus building up the numbers.

Easy wunnit.

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Got my ancient Debut deck ages ago and it gets plenty of use every week! True it needs to be replaced soon but I suspect I will look higher up the Pro-Ject tree when the time comes. I actually really like the minimalist styling!

A

Anonymous

If you pop over to vinyl engine you will see project tweakers too, and thats true with most tt makes.

Also complaints too of various manufacturers. You hear more complaints than praise, because people like

to complain and are less likely to go out of there way to say 'wow that's brilliant'

It just seems on here Rega have a majority, not so else where.

My last TT was project and enjoyed it for over ten years.

Fancy a listen to ClearAudio tho and a Gyro.

A

Anonymous

floyd droid said:
andybeau said:
Fancy a listen to ClearAudio tho and a Gyro.

For Sale. Inspirequestregamishmash thingy.

Reason for Sale. See above ,lol. ;)

Just joshing Mr Beau.

I only said I fancied a listen, anyway if I sold it would get more for the parts.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Yeah probably would mate.

Listening to a well set up Gyro is not a good idea. So keep to fancieing ( is that a word ,lol )

How are you finding the new cart ?.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Told ya that earlier. Get yer flippin money back and buy a tecno. Or a s/h gyro. I will even try to find Lincoln and set it up for you.

Tecno is a breeze , Gyro needs attention to detail although not rocket science Steve. Centreing the suspension spring posts is the key and a bit of a faff.

But a man of your calibre should walk it and I save a fortune in the petrol dept.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts