Pro-Ject kicks off its first fully automatic turntable range with affordable A1

manicm

....and it looks cheap and nasty. I'm assuming anyone wanting a fully automatic turntable, including me, is also looking for a bit of luxury.

I would gladly pay 100 extra quid for a more substantial looking platter, electronic push buttons instead of the nasty and ghastly plastic lever for start/stop, a wood finish or aluminium plinth, and just some general class - notice the horribly finished fixed counterweight.

This kit may sound great, but does absolutely nothing for me. Project got this all wrong.

It's like asking for a Bentley, and instead getting a Beetle.

jhnpennington

Oct 2, 2022
Visit site
....and it looks cheap and nasty. I'm assuming anyone wanting a fully automatic turntable, including me, is also looking for a bit of luxury.

I would gladly pay 100 extra quid for a more substantial looking platter, electronic push buttons instead of the nasty and ghastly plastic lever for start/stop, a wood finish or aluminium plinth, and just some general class - notice the horribly finished fixed counterweight.

This kit may sound great, but does absolutely nothing for me. Project got this all wrong.

It's like asking for a Bentley, and instead getting a Beetle.
But that product doesn’t exist.

thomas.dahl

Oct 15, 2022
Visit site
The project automat is a rebranded 'rekkord' player produced in Germany in the original Dual factory. If you want the original 'rekkord' player in higher specs go to their web page. The current Dual players are believed to come from Asia as the original owners lost the rights to the name.

The Rekkord F400 looks neat in nice wood finishes. Very tempting. Around 800 Euro but without the preamp.

The F100 is basically the Project Automat although it has a different cartridge. Price is similar.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts