Pro-Ject (Henley Designs) Fault Handling

ksoundwerx

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Just felt I'd like to post up my recent experience with the above after a fault developed with

I developed a fault on the left channel of my 7 month old Carbon Esprit SB. at first I thought it was my speakers distorting. First noticed listening to 'Hey Now' by London Grammar, when the low bass comes in - this is a favourite piece of music (especially wonderful on vinyl) and was certainly not there before, so something had changed. Ruled out speakers by playing the same piece of music on CD - distortion not present. Then swapped the RCAs over and the distortion moved to the other channel. Fairly conclusive it was my turntable.

Sent back to Project / Henley Designs via my retailer with my own fault notes, and also mentioned a slight hum. Came back after a couple weeks with these engineer notes:

63008847b635773d6fdd36b680e901a5_zpssur79wei.jpg

Obviously it's a bit of a shame to hear the RCA components they used had bad soldering in the first instance, but I am very impressed that with the level of investigative work that was put into to the return. I fully expected a new stylus to be fitted and shipped back. Instead I have new RCAs, a new cartridge and stylus and a rather nifty modification. As the following picture shows, a direct earth cable has neatly been added between the speed box's PCB and the direct earthing terminal to further eliminate any earth hum.

4f96ea0ae826a194315d3347b32e8a2d_zpsqfczjsvh.jpg

The turntable sounds better than ever, and I'm very grateful for the fast and detailed service. Refreshing in a world where sadly I'm no longer surprised by poor service handling.

Well done Pro-Ject!

And what a great looking player...

Tornarm1_zpsve0i6xjd.jpg

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Twice they've had to repair the broken motor on my Roksan, and on both occasions, I got absolutely no information at all on what they had to do, and what was causing the fault.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to the OP for some great feedback, your deck was handled by our in house service team (as are all Pro-Ject models).

BBB we do try to provide information on all repairs and will happily provide a full report on your Roksan item if you care to contact us again.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Thanks to the OP for some great feedback, your deck was handled by our in house service team (as are all Pro-Ject models).

BBB we do try to provide information on all repairs and will happily provide a full report on your Roksan item if you care to contact us again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts