Pro-Ject Debut Carbon

Wolf75

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everybody!

I need some help. I'd like to buy a turntable for my fairly basic home cinema system, which consists of a Denon AVR 1611, and Jamo 426 Hcs 3 speakers. Budget is tight, at around 500€. I'd like to rediscover my old vinyl collection, and buy new LP-s as well. After reading some reviews and topics, here is my top list:

1. Pro-ject Debut Carbon dc with Ortofon OM-10 cartridge and Cambridge Audio 651p preamp

2. Pro-ject Debut Carbon dc with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and Cambridge Audio 551p preamp

3. Pro-ject Debut Carbon dc USB with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge

What other options should I consider? Which option would give the best sound quality, and which has the best upgrade potential?

Thanks in advance

Wolf75 said:
Hello Everybody!

I need some help. I'd like to buy a turntable for my fairly basic home cinema system, which consists of a Denon AVR 1611, and Jamo 426 Hcs 3 speakers. Budget is tight, at around 500€. I'd like to rediscover my old vinyl collection, and buy new LP-s as well. After reading some reviews and topics, here is my top list:

1. Pro-ject Debut Carbon dc with Ortofon OM-10 cartridge and Cambridge Audio 651p preamp

2. Pro-ject Debut Carbon dc with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge and Cambridge Audio 551p preamp

3. Pro-ject Debut Carbon dc USB with Ortofon 2M Red cartridge

What other options should I consider? Which option would give the best sound quality, and which has the best upgrade potential?

Thanks in advance

I'd scratch the USB version completely and go for first on the list with the best phono stage you can afford. Also forget the 651p unless you ever envisage yourself using Moving Coil cartridges.

Wolf75

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! What phono stage do you recommend at this price? Is the CA 551p a good choice? Or something like Pro-ject Phono MM?

Wolf75 said:
Thanks! What phono stage do you recommend at this price? Is the CA 551p a good choice? Or something like Pro-ject Phono MM?

The 551p should be sufficient if your just using a moving magnet cartridge. What exactly would your budget be for the phonograph stage alone?

You will no doubt understand that it is the cartridge that is going to make the most difference here but at your stated budget this is really not a cause for concern.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts