Primare advice needed

Ian C79

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello

Does anybody have experience with combination of Primare amplifier and Monitor Audio RX speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ian welcome to the forum.

Although I cannot answer your question completely, I used to run Primare Pre / Power amps with B&W 685 speakers, but I think you should have no problem with the combo you mention.

The amp will be fine as long as you can live with the RX's in whatever listening room you have them in.

Ideally positioned and with a decent 'front end' you should have a very nice sounding system.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Very reasonable reply by Al. Plenty of people on the forum have MA speakers, a much smaller number have or have heard Primare and very few if any will have heard the combination, so you may not get a fully informed reply.

Like Al, I have no doubt Primare will adequately amplify the speakers. Do you own those speakers at the moment? If not I would suggest some wider demoing of different speakers (and indeed amps).

Ian C79

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to both of you.

Basically I am looking for an upgrade of my multichannel amp for running of MA RX surround package, which I already own. One dealer offered me a Primare SPA 23 for a very good price, but unfortunately without possibility for a demo with my speakers. I was able to hear the Primare only on Sonus Faber and ATC speakers and the sound was excellent. Now I am just wondering how this amp would work with my speakers.

I already asked for some advice in other forum category. But I was just wondering if anybody has any stereo experience with my combination.

So any advice would be helpful…

That is some AV amp that retails at around £3500, as such I doubt many forumites use it with RX's as a stereo system

I am sure it will be quite happy with these and more expensive speakers.Having said that it is going to depend on the quality of your source.

Ian C79

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I can get it for £1.000 cheaper and only £500 more expensive than Pioneer SC LX 87. I know that the Primare is probably one or two classes higher, but I am still hoping to find anybody who heard this combination. Since I did not hear the combination on my own, I am still having some doubts. That is why I am asking so much.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
If there's no opportunity to demo I'm guessing you aren't buying this from a physical shop? If so you'll be covered by DSRs and be able to return within seven days if you're not satisfied. Which is unlikely.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts