Primare A33.2 - physical height?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys,

At the moment I am building a DIY rack to use in my homecinema. This is the way it will look like when it's done:

Rack3.gif

Each layer should be exact the height of the including device plus adding some space (I thought of 2,5cm, should I use more?).

The problem I have now is that I don't know the exact height of the Primare A33.2 (which is at the second layer from the bottom). The datasheet tells me it's 140mm, but I don't trust this. Because I already have a Primare A32 where the datasheet tells it would be 216mm, but actually it is 228mm!

Does anybody own this amplifier and could measure the actual height of it? Would be great!

Thank you and best regards,

Pascal

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi Pascal,

Welcome to the forum. I have also found Primare to be somewhat inaccurate with some components. Just got the tape measure out tho and the A33.2 is indeed 140mm (maybe 140.2, it's hard to be very precise ;) )

I don't know about the A32, but the A33.2 certainly does not run hot; I have given it 20mm clearance. The front, back and sides of my rack are also open, and I have no concerns with over heating.

That looks like a very nice rack and some serious amplification :) What will you be amplifying the 5th (and others?) channel with and what is the rest of your kit?

Cheers,

Ben

A

Anonymous

Hi Ben,

wow that was fast - thank you :)

Hehe, I don't need it that precise. Just want to give every device the same space on top. You won't see if it's 2,48cm or 2,50cm, but if there hat been such huge differences like it's the case with the A32 (more than 1cm), that would have caused a problem.

My setup will be: Primare A32 (FL+FR), Primare A33.2 (SR+LR), Primare A30.3 (C, BSL+BSR). Preamp will be Marantz AV7005. The other devices in the rack are: NAS/HDD storage, HTPC, HDI Dune and a control PC running 24/7. The control PC controls the other devices and things such as light and so on.

Speakers are Focal Electra 1027Be (FL+FR), Focal CC1000 Be (Center), Focal Chorus 836V (SL+SR) and Focal Electra SW1000Be (Sub). Don't have BSR+BSL yet.

The A32 does not run very hot, but the A30.3 does. I think I will give 30mm clearance to the devices, that should be ok.

Yeah I think that the rack will be great. You can take a closer look here: http://www.mathrix.net/Rack3.gif - In the picture there is a Denon instead of the Marantz and the A32 is missing. But maybe you can see the that each layer has a LED stripe included, I've got a picture of that in real life here:

p1.jpg

Cheers,

Pascal

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow, fantastic setup, congratulations :) All those primare power amps plus the LED strips look seriously 8)

How do you find the Marantz / primare combo? I have an a30.5 stored at the moment awaiting a house move. I considered the 7005 to pair it with but got a good deal on an Onkyo PR-SC886, which I thought would also give a bit of 'attack' for films.

If you get time, you should start a system pics thread once you have it all set up :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts