Premium IEM Super Test on What Hi*Fi Cards?

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
I am now beginning to get tired with SE530 so wondering if What HiFi team is planning to do a premium In Ear Headphone supertest soon? I know there are two big contenders for the crown Klipsch X10 and Sennheiser IE8 but if there are other worthy competitors then can you share.

If you don't mind sharing any early thoughts on whether IE8s are preferred over X10s? I know Simon has got X10 so his vote will definitely go with Klipsch but what are the general consensus in What HiFi Camp?

Finally is it worth upgrading over SE530 or I am being too cynical !

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
In May'09 issue ratings were given on all IEM available to WHF team but no head-2-head comparison done they also didn't mentioned UE10 or UE11 or Westone 3, I am looking for an answer on best IEM money can buy today period.

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
I am beginning to get disappointed with the magazine and forums, if I count the masses of population and number of hours people listening to music then that would be 60% on the move and 40% in the comfort of living room. But the coverage What Hi*Fi gives on IEM, portable amps and DAC surprises me everyday , once in a bluemoon we see comprehensive IEM one pager review, and poor portable amps and dacs are not worthy contenders for review in what hifi world.

I wonder if is this because IEM can't compare the music nirvana produced by full-scale speakers and amps or is it because there are couch potatoes who just prefer to sip a cup of coffee and listen to Pilinius and ProAcs
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Zubkabera:there are couch potatoes who just prefer to sip a cup of coffee and listen to Pilinius and ProAcs
emotion-2.gif

Yes please. Who's brewing up?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts