PP, Have you demoed a Naim NAIT 5i/2

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
As you know I have reserved an Elicit R - i love the sound, however it is creating a bit of friction at home with the price tag!

I really had my heart set on it - bit gutted now but then I saw the Nait 5i/2, i know i would have to get a phono stage but the Rega fono would bump the price up but it would still come in below £1k

I know the RS3 will work with the Naim so not worried about that - I wonder how much better than the Brio R it is?

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
stevebrock said:
Local dealer has one unopened, brand new cheap - its just got me thinking!

May go and have a listen!

Is that the cancelled order Steve?.....remember seeing one on someones website, can't remember who's :?

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
stevebrock said:
however it is creating a bit of friction at home with the price tag!

I know exactly how you feel, I've been told to reign it in after I bought the SA-1s so I've been lowering my sights a little bit :roll:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
mitch65 said:
stevebrock said:

Is that the cancelled order Steve?.....remember seeing one on someones website, can't remember who's :?

Yes Mitch, I am seriously tempted! Cymbiosis - Got my Brio R/DAC from them

Would get the £199 Rega Fono to start off with!

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I can understand how she feels, when will it all end, you do seem to have gone a bit mad lately with a new TT and new speakers and now a new amp. If I were you I would keep the Brio R and get a new amp next year, I think the Naim will only be a stepping stone to something better.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
stevebrock said:
mitch65 said:
stevebrock said:

Yes Mitch, I am seriously tempted! Cymbiosis - Got my Brio R/DAC from them

Would get the £199 Rega Fono to start off with!

Yep just found it, it's a good deal.....wonder if the guy cancelled when he heard about the new versions.... :?

EDIT: I think BigH has it right....stepping stone to the XS ;)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
mmmm i just get impatient, maybe I should bin off the idea of a new amp - I sold my motorbike a few weeks - dont think she is too happy with me blowing it all on £1600 amp when we 'could' go on holiday!

The Nait XS 2 isnt hitting dealers until mid August either so probsbly best not rush into it now.

The Elicit R is ace though!

stevebrock said:

If by that you mean 5i Italic then yes. That's the one I hate with my current equipment but have heard it at a dealers (several times) with PMC and MonoPulse and it's pretty impressive.

As I've always said: Leema Pulse. Mines a bit of pain with the headphone socket but others are fine. The step up IMO over the Nait 5 i makes it worthwhile, and they can be picked up between £500-£650.

Or in other words: The quality of the Elicit (ballpark) for the price of the Brio-R or a tad over.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

If by that you mean 5i Italic then yes. That's the one I hate with my current equipment but have heard it at a dealers (several times) with PMC and MonoPulse and it's pretty impressive.

As I've always said: Leema Pulse. Mines a bit of pain with the headphone socket but others are fine. The step up IMO over the Nait 5 i makes it worthwhile, and they can be picked up between £500-£650.

Or in other words: The quality of the Elicit (ballpark) for the price of the Brio-R or a tad over.

PP been looking for a pulse (no not mine) for bloody ages but they're getting like hens teeth!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I know what you all mean by a stepping stone to an XS, if I got the Nait 5i/2 then that would be it! (honest)

So the Nait 5i/2 is known as the 5 italic?

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
take the missus on holiday, its only an amp upgrade and yours does a decent job. btw its maybe not fully a sideways step but if it was me id want something better anyways.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
stevebrock said:
if I got the Nait 5i/2 then that would be it! (honest)

So the Nait 5i/2 is known as the 5 italic?

Just keep telling yourself that Steve.

I believe you are correct about the 5i/2 being the italic, it's a little confusing :wall:

mitch65 said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

PP been looking for a pulse (no not mine) for bloody ages but they're getting like hens teeth!

Took me nearly two years before I stumbled across the Pulse.

It works well with the Rega Dac and has a very good in-built phono stage, which is switchable if the urge to upgrade the cart to MC. At those prices it's a no brainer IMO.

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
the secret is knowing when to stop, true when you upgrade budget to mid you can be impressed but after that its really about system synergy and speaker to room acoustics.

take your time with your amp upgrade, home demo, find a good un and keep coming here to tell us that your happy and you sorted it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts