Poweramp Madness

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have two takes on hi-fi (or music reproduction) and I try my hardest to combine them both. On one hand, there is the traditional "hi-fi" reproduction; striving to produce the most accurate sound possible per pound. On the other, there is the mad approach: Plenty of drivers, lots of bass, plenty of power and more slam than a Hummer in the backside...oh, and loudness is tres important!

So, I have my Arcam "hi-fi" amp(no Arcam jokes!) and my Arcam "hi-fi" CD player...then I have a middle approach with my Wharfedale speakers which are accurate and yet can still pack a punch...so...what am I missing? Oh yes, the mad approach...

So I bought myself a new power amplifier to compliment my Arcam. This amp has a dynamic wattage output into 4ohms of 1kw.

Yes.
emotion-55.gif
One Kilowatt
emotion-55.gif

It has plenty of flashy lights (which you can turn off) and was the product of the certain companies hard research and virtually endless budget. I won't tell you what it is, because I'm going to suprise you when I get it...but this thing KICKS ASS! It is capable of outputing over 50amps!!! 50 amps!!! And it also has a "hi-fi" side to it too: It was held as the reference amplifier to have for many audiophiles and hi-fi reviewers using huge speakers in huge rooms...

Oh, yes...that's the slight problem. I don't have a big room!

How much did it cost me? £250.

A

Anonymous

But what's it's presentation like? You won't get close to using all of that power with the Wharfys unless you intend to melt them down to make ballast for a Hercules. Good fun to play though :)

A

Anonymous

Well aparantly, the Wharfeys can handle 250watts & they have a sensativity of 89db and they are 6ohms...so I think I'll be deaf before they melt...and the tweeters are only £49 on them! Oh and it was made in the late 80s...

nads

Hughes123:

Yes.
emotion-55.gif
One Kilowatt
emotion-55.gif

so thats 1000 watts enjoy it but you dont need it. if i really wanted i could re organize mine and have 1.132KW available at 4 Ohms available for each but it would be a waste of time. Buit have a play and enjoy. Oh send the Rents out first ;)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts