power supply on my new dacmagic

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
firstly thanks to everyone who has given me a helping hand in the last 10 weeks.

i went for the dacmagic in black today for £219.99 from richersounds leicester service was good.

got home and after 2 hours i noticed a loud buzzing nosie i thought it was the dac-magic but it was the power supply. I have tried it on 2 mains cleaners, in the socket on its own and on a different circuit and it still makes a loud buzz. any ideas.

Im gutted as well cause it really is unreal its beaten my cd player by a mile, the gain is lot less and the laptop was so good not quite up to the cd but i think thats the usbs 16bit limit.

Oh the power supply does feel hot.

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm. There have been one or two issues with the DAC Magic PSU in the past. The company moved quickly to put it right. Perhaps you should give them a ring/email.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
will give the branch a call tomorrow there open 10-4 i have heard people saying they have either upgraded or are using one from maplins. If it goes when it cools down ill look like a right fibber if i take it in.

A

Anonymous

Mine is a 'Mascot type 9780' no noise or other problems - doubles up as a handy foot warmer.

Every comment I've ever read from those looking for replacement DACMagic PSUs from Richer Sounds have said they will bend over backwards to help.

Alternatively, Maplins one mentioned in your other thread:

http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/413772.aspx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts