Power Protection - electricity stability

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi:

Need some help about Power protection. I have a very unstable home electricity; sometimes it just goes Off and after a couple of seconds On again! I am obviously very concerned about my system health; both with the ON/OFF problem and with the stability of the electricity that powers my equipment.

This is my system:

Audio Analogue - Puccini Settanta (Amplifier)

Audio Analogue - Paganini 192.24 2.0 (CD player)

REGA - PLANAR 3 (Turntable) with a Sumiko - Blue Point No.2

Sonus faber - Concerto Domus (speakers)

Can anyone advise me what kind Power Protection should I get?

Many thanks!

Ricardo

scene

If your power supply actually keeps switching off, you need a generator...
emotion-5.gif

Seriously, if you are having regular power supply black and brown outs, you're in the territory of (expensive) UPS coupled with a surge protector/smoother. Something like a Tacima or Belkin PF30 should do you for the latter. The former is slightly beyond my ken...

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
What budget do you have in mind Ricardo?

I would consider a Pure Power unit. Totally independent from the mains supply.
If this is of interest go to their website fill out the form and they will work out what unit you will need.

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:...Or in the territory of talking to your electricity supply company to try to resolve the problem at source.

emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the quick answers/post.

In fact I have tried to resolve the problem directly with the electricity supply company; but ... they simply don't care about it!

Any experience with: Tacima or Belkin PF30? Should any of this "resolve" the problem?

"Budget" is always a huge question: I don't want to spend more then $500 BUT if I don't resolve this quickly I think I will be spending much more on equipment repair (once again the electricity supply company don't cares about it, MORE they don't "cover" the consequences of the quality of their electricity supply)! So, the $500 is a rational limit, I can go further if it justifies.

Once again thank you for the help and please post some more comments to help me support my decision on: which should the best solution! I really want to keep on listening my records (specially the mono's :) )

Regards

Ricardo

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
The Pure Power units are Basically a battery unit. Your hifi would plug into it and run off it like any mains product. The difference is that you are not connected directly to the mains itself. The mains power charges the battery and the hifi is powered by the battery. If your supply goes down then the Pure Power WILL still run your system till a) The batteries got flat or b) You turn it off.
The Pure Power will keep your system safe.
Surges and breaks in power can be detriment to your system and if it happens on a regular basis there is no knowing in what will happen.
From my experience the last safety device is the fuse in the amp on the input side. Mine blew only a few weeks ago when I left the unit on after a late night and in the early hours had a brief cut in power. In between the amp and socket though are 3 more fuse one in the mains lead for the amp, one in the conditioner and one in the conditioner lead. These 3 fuses were fine!
Cost wise, probably more than your budget but which model you need depends on how much power your system uses. You'll find loads of info on the units at their web site www.purepoweraps.com

Good luck & welcome!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts