Power leads

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Clearer Audio Copperline, and if your budget can stretch a bit more, Clearer Audio Silverline, which I'm using to good effect on my CD player.

A

Anonymous

Thanks , I have seen them and wondered how good they are? the only thing that put me off was the large plug which looks larger than standard sized ones .

A

Anonymous

In my opinion you need a very expensive system to warrant new mains cables. The theory is that the cable introduces less noise into the power supply and so less noise is fed into the DC path. While a low resistance cable may produce less noise the amount is tiny, probably a few pico volts less. Ok it may be screened better, but the rest of your house is not screened and any interferrence will just past through your mains cable (unless it is also filtered). In the big scheme of things there is probably little to be gained by buying expensive mains cables. However it's just my opinion and in the end of the day the good old advice of go and listen to one and decide if it's worth the money probably is the way forward.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Raymond Terrific"]I dont believe in them. Make your own, I always have.[/quote]

Guys don't attemp to do what Mr. Terrific does here as it could be dangerous!
I am sure you know what you are doing Raymond, but it certainly not for everyone.

A

Anonymous

Can you rewire a plug? then you're already half way there.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I done 4 years in Electronic engineering (never work as one though!) so I can see where you coming from.
The point is when you post something like this, it's may temting others whom may have very little knowledge about this to make a power cables themself and that could be dangerous. I also not sure if UK's law even allow re-wiring plugs now a day!

A

Anonymous

Don't worry Thaiman, you can re-wire a plug at home. It's only at work that all electrical items have to be annually tested. (Bonkers and jobs for the boys, but stops dodgy operators killing their staff through negligence). Wouldn't you agree that some real electronics in the form of a mains conditioner would be more effective than new power leads?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Will Harris"]Wouldn't you agree that some real electronics in the form of a mains conditioner would be more effective than new power leads?[/quote]

I asked Andrew to slap me....hard if I open my big gob about power leads on this forum again and he look quite big to me!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts