power amp for sterio concerns

htuser

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
my ht setup consists of yamaha avantage 3010 receiver. and kef R500 fronts, R200c center, R100 rears. im using some old klipsch speakers fo back surrounds and present present speakers. thus my setup is 9 chanel. and of course there is kef 400d sub also. later i got a NAD 977 power amp and using the yamaha receiver as preamp. im happy with the setup. when i run setting with biamp using front presence wlth biamp connection instead of biamping main florr standars itself im getting much more convincing soundstage.but this requires my receiver to feed front heights directly as my nad is omly seven channel.

fine. now i want to add a dedicated two channel amp so that all 9 channels are fed by power amps.

my request is can some one suggest me a good two channel power amp to drive my R500 front main speakers. in my consideration NAD s 275 bee itself apart from marantz, anthem etc. but i wamt some siggestion on a good brand two channel power amp.

the two channel power amp has work in coordination with the 140 x7 channel NAD 977 power amp with yamaha 3010 receiver as pre amp.

thank you in advance

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
my initial take on it would be keep the the same - for best overall surround sound you want it to tonally match so that pans front to back left top right - effects all marry up.

It also sounds like you like the sound so why change it. So by this I mean by a 2 channel power amp from Nad if they sell one, sure they will do.

Yamaha have just released a new power amp which is 11 channel that might suit your needs better and is one less box.

http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/audio-visual/av-receivers-amps/mx-a5000_g/?mode=model

htuser

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
thanks a lot. for your suggestion. actually i have a seven channel of NAD already. to make it nine channel i require another two channel power amp. as per your suggestion i will try the option of adding same make power amp ie NAD. as seen from their site they have a two channel power amp which matches the existing seven channel power amp from NAD. only thing i would assertain or rule out the possibility is if anyothrr make two channel power amp there which produces better sound.

in future if possible i will add a preamp to the system wich is capable of 9 channels

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts