Power Amp as Upgrade Path

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all and Merry xmas.

Has anyone listened and noticed a difference by adding a Primare Power amp to a i30 integrated amp? I have to confess, I am trying to max out the bang for buck in terms of upgrade. I am guessing that the pre stage in the i30 would be very good, and the bigger gain (no pun intended) is upgrading the power part.

The reason I say this is because there are a stack of mini projects I have in mind, like building a basic AV set up, and sticking a few more LCDs in more rooms. I am getting near happy with my set up so the only two things I had in mind hi-fi wise was power amp and better turntable. I don't play LPs much now, mainly because I managed to ****** up most of my vinyl when a student many years back, while in a dazed state.

My speakers are PMC FB1+ and a BK Monolith sub. My source is a Primare CD31. Turntable wise I use a basic Pro-ject. I have just bought that Disco Anti-stat cleaner, so I might be able to improve much of my battered vinyl, but the Pro-ject is fine for now.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I wasn't thinking of bi-amping, but running the speakers only from the power amp. I heard on another post that Primare have suggested that bi-amping with an i30 and A30 power amp might be ok, but I thought I would keep things simple and just swap out the power stage of the i30. If I wanted to bi-amp I thought i would be safer to use two identical power amps, and I don't have the budget for 2 additional power amps.

Hi Fi Decision

Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Hi TNT. Yes the other post on bi-amping with the I30 and a30.2 was mine. I have since found out that you can indeed bi-amp using these two amplifiers as the 'gain' on both of them are identical. I suppose if you're going for a second hand a30.2 or a31.2 you could experiment. I'm trying to get my dealer to get the power amp in so I can listen to it with the I30 just using the power amp and also bi-amped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts