Portable Ipod speakers for holiday - any ideas?

nufcmarson

May 31, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I am going on holiday for a couple of weeks in July, I would like to know if there are any portable Ipod speakers that would be ideal for a hotel room. I have to listen to my music and podcasts, so would like the quality to be as good as possible. I'm not too fussed on the price as I travel quite often.

Please help and give me some ideas. Thanks

A

Anonymous

I agree with the Prof. I have a logitech unit, though an earlier incarnation of the anytime I think. For its small size, it packs a punch, I use it in the house & garden as well as for travelling. It ws even up to the job of filling a village hall with music for a party. Having listened to a friend's B&W 'zeppelin' dock, I'd say the much more reasonably priced logitech is better!

It's a pretty compact unit and the travel case it comes in is easily tucked into suitcase or hand luggage, you can play from mains or charge it up and play from battery so very portable.

A

Anonymous

Big Aura:how do you insert links like that (that are simply a word or two, but have a link hidden in them?)

May as well answer this while I'm here
emotion-5.gif

Type the text that you wish to appear in the message, highlight it, then click the 'insert/edit link' tool from the toolbar (it looks like a link of chain) then type/paste the URL in the 'link URL' box.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
rogueelement:Type the text that you wish to appear in the message, highlight it, then click the 'insert/edit link' tool from the toolbar (it looks like a link of chain) then type/paste the URL in the 'link URL' box.

Bingo - using a Mac, it only works from Firefox, Safari won't allow it.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Back on topic...anticipating demand for such portable iPod sounds, we've tested six of the latest battery-powered speaker docks in our next issue: with subscribers from this Friday; in shops by Wednesday 1st (week today). The docks are all put up against the Award-winning Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere II.

idc

Another vote for Logitech, but this time the cheaper mm50, £60 at Amazon at the moment. It rocks along, can go loud and has amazing clarity for such an inexpensive and small device. It also has a dinky remote and a solid carry case.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Ah, the MM50 - another worthy Award winner from the past. Is worth noting that it can't charge iPhone/iPod Touch though - which the newer Pure Fi Anywhere II can.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Ah, the MM50 - another worthy Award winner from the past. Is worth noting that it can't charge iPhone/iPod Touch though - which the newer Pure Fi Anywhere II can.

Ah that's the one! It's the mm50 that I have, picked it up for £50 (then half price) in Tesco about 18 months ago - a bargain!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts