Portable hi-fi has progressed so much, I'd choose it over a traditional system

modusmongo

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
When you say "that high quality of sound". How close to or far away am I from "it" with my Amazon HD and Hifiman Ananda BT setup?? The BT Planar setup is a new world to me, way better than my Senn'y 650's with FLAC's through AudioGD DAC and preamp. But how much better can it get if I spend $5+G?? Thanks.

Reactions: DannyTangier

doifeellucky

Don’t expect a reply. All the articles on this site are fire and forget. But barely noticeable I’d imagine.

Who’d seriously take a 5k setup onto a plane in their hand luggage?

To me the iPod was far more significant, in terms of an actual pocketable device you could carry your entire (or most of) music collection around on.

Just enjoy the music.

Last edited:
Reactions: DannyTangier

DannyTangier

Feb 14, 2022
Visit site
The growth of portable hi-fi electronics in the past decade has advanced on-the-go listening to spectacular sonic heights.

Portable hi-fi has progressed so much, I'd choose it over a traditional system : Read more
Well I'm sorry but if the encoding of the file you wanna listen to sucks not even the best player on the market can make the music sound good.You'll want .flac max resolution or wav 44.100 Hz/320 kB.It is something you don't get on a download store as these files are very,very,very large.And recoding don't really help.So forking out more than say 200 Pound (SONY NW A-45) for a Player and 100 (AKG-K92) for Headphones is just a waste of money.Depending on where you download music from or on how it is encoded you get big differences in quality.In general downloaded music is in minimal quality (128 Hz/44100 kB) basically what a Radio station puts out.Because the download are quick and it's easier.All that depending on the original encoding which in most cases is not known.I'm a DJ and encode files all the time.But like I said some of these files sound like someone is slapping wet socks around your head for an hour or so and there's nothing you can do about it to make them sound right.There are some tricks obviously but still the improvement is only marginal.As of yet I haven't read one single article in any "specialized" Magazine about the actual sound quality/ies and different formats one can use and think this should be addressed to draw the consumer's attention to the issue.It's like watching all these videos on youtu.be where hundreds of channels present the latest cell phones...until now not one of these reviewers has mentioned anything in connection to actually making a call and the quality of sound.Instead they all drone on about cameras and stuff which is or should basically be secondary.Unless the industry is willing to rename the product Communication,Gaming and Photo camera I don't see the point in this.

abmscopes

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm sorry but if the encoding of the file you wanna listen to sucks not even the best player on the market can make the music sound good.You'll want .flac max resolution or wav 44.100 Hz/320 kB.It is something you don't get on a download store as these files are very,very,very large.And recoding don't really help.So forking out more than say 200 Pound (SONY NW A-45) for a Player and 100 (AKG-K92) for Headphones is just a waste of money.Depending on where you download music from or on how it is encoded you get big differences in quality.In general downloaded music is in minimal quality (128 Hz/44100 kB) basically what a Radio station puts out.Because the download are quick and it's easier.All that depending on the original encoding which in most cases is not known.I'm a DJ and encode files all the time.But like I said some of these files sound like someone is slapping wet socks around your head for an hour or so and there's nothing you can do about it to make them sound right.There are some tricks obviously but still the improvement is only marginal.As of yet I haven't read one single article in any "specialized" Magazine about the actual sound quality/ies and different formats one can use and think this should be addressed to draw the consumer's attention to the issue.It's like watching all these videos on youtu.be where hundreds of channels present the latest cell phones...until now not one of these reviewers has mentioned anything in connection to actually making a call and the quality of sound.Instead they all drone on about cameras and stuff which is or should basically be secondary.Unless the industry is willing to rename the product Communication,Gaming and Photo camera I don't see the point in this.
Has the hi-res revolution passed you by? I've been listening to cd quality and above; up to 192khz on the move for a few years now. I think your knowledge is a little out of date if you think anyone who owns the kit described in the article is listening to mp3s at 128khz on it! And I stream it flak most days too. The data size is not that onerous these days with unlimited data plans and WiFi everywhere.

Seriously man keep up! I love your quaint "online stores don't do flac or hi res because the files are huge" comment too 😂 um yes they do. Almost all of them except for Spotify. And i listen to flac streaming all day courtesy of radio paradise. Is your name Austin Powers by the way? Welcome to 2022!

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts