Poorly Sony CRT

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

My 4 year old Sony 28" CRT Widescreen has just started display worrying signs. The centre of the scren looks normal, however as you move towards the edges in any direction the picture shows in a hazy blue/green. Also, the info display stuff (volume level, widescreen mode, etc) which is usually bright green, shows as blue.

This has not happened gradually, it suddenly happened when I switched it on 1/2 an hour ago - it was fine earlier on today!

It's as if it nees a de-gauss (spelling?!) as you might do a pc monitor. I hope it's not terminal as the picture quality is far superior to that of all my mates' "fancy" sub £1000 large LCDs......

Jules

A

Anonymous

Oh that doesn't sound too good. Might seem a bit obvious but have you just tried switching it off at the mains and leaving it for a few mins? I remember my last Trinitron before I bought the Wega suddenly went 'green' and made a bizarre crackling sound. I turned it off and when I switched it back on it was fine...I kept it for another 2 years and had no other problems.

A

Anonymous

Sounds like it is on the way out. My Sony CRT, went recently, (at least it was 11 years old) it went green and blue in a giant circle around the screen. It was like watching a Kaleidoscope of colours. It then returned to normal for about 3 months before it went again.

You may find that over time it takes longer and longer to warm up. At the end my set was taking 6 minutes to come on. I am surprised if it is only 4 years old though.

A

Anonymous

I did try turning it off for a few mins... but obviously not long enough. Came down this morning and it was working normally. It started with the "twang" I was looking for ... which I thinik de-gaussed it.

Thanks for your reply!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts