PMC db1i at £750 or spendor s3e at £550??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Your thoughts on the above speakers would be handy, as I am having a listen next weekend, and anyother speakers you want to throw into the ring, as I will want to listen to a few kinds.

Standmounts only, and they will be about a foot from the rear wall and just a bit more from the side walls.

Thanks in advance. Phil

A

Anonymous

Chalk and cheese those two. The DB1s will give you more welly and excitement, well suited to the obvious, rock, pop, etc. The Spendors are more natural, smoother and will produce less bass. The Spendors are my favorite but as pointed out, matching is rather key.

A

Anonymous

I have a creek amp and arcam 192 cd. ÿI like mainly women singers and more relaxing chilled music. ÿSometimes I like to kick out the tunes, but not so much as i'm getting on a bit, and the girl about the house shouts....

I had my ears operated on about a month ago, and find the m5 epos bright and harsh in the trebble, so am after a refined and smooth presentation.

ÿ

Do you think the speakers would match my other equipment and give a good smooth sound?

ÿ

Philÿ

ÿ

A

Anonymous

I suspect you could get away with either speaker with that kit. Can you audition them or are you Web only? I think the Spendors would be superb and will give excellent imaging and natural midrange. Adding a small sub would give the whole sound more scale and body without being intrusive and would be a good purchase in future.

A

Anonymous

A curve-ball would be the AVI Neutrons with a small sub. Check out Hifi Gear who are doing the Neutron IV for £400 ex-demo. Add something like a REL Quake or £300 sub (any suggestions anyone? I haven't looked into subs for a while) and you'll have a fab sound.

A

Anonymous

I agree with whoever said these speakers are chalk and cheese though it would help if you elaborated on "chilled out music" and your other music tastes (if you can't get to hear these speakers yourself?).

A

Anonymous

I should be able to get a pair of spendors for £410 delivered. I can't listen to them, as whilst training for a mixed martial arts competition I ripped the cruitiate ligament and popped my knee cap out of place, so have had my knee rebuilt (3 months ago) so can't walk or drive....

Then damaged my ear doing static sparing. I should of learnt, but as they say $hit happens!

I am hoping that they are ok, but as I am unable to go out, drink or drive, I have found this is a great way of saving money...!

A

Anonymous

It's OK, I am used to it as did down hill mountain biking for 5 years and had 7 ops on smashed bones.

At least they give you good drugs
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

seduct10n:It's OK, I am used to it as did down hill mountain biking for 5 years and had 7 ops on smashed bones.

At least they give you good drugs
emotion-2.gif

That just reminds me of the BMX lad from Newcastle, paralysed from the neck down.......Stephen Murray.

You must be a glutton for punishment! Get well soon all the time for you!
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts