PM6003 and CD6003 interconnect

McRagefit

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Dear all,

Because of all the questions about cables lately, I thought to throw in my own question
smiley-wink.gif

I have the PM6003 amp connected to a pair of B&W685's using inakustik speaker cables.
My two sources, CD6003 and ST6003, are now connected to the amp using the standard interconnects that came in the box.

Would I gain much improvement in sound quality when I upgrade the interconnects? If so, which cables would be recommendable for my system?

I wonder how expensive the new ones should be to gain a noticable improvement in sound quality..
smiley-smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Thierry

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol.... I'm asking for suggestions myself.

And yes interconnects make a huge difference. Maybe not seemingly dramatic instantly but over a long listening period they make or break a system. Between 20 to 40 english pounds is what you're most likely looking at initially. But more expensive does not always mean better ( according to taste).

Try a 20poundish cable to start , look at the buyers guide.

I've started with the Chord Crimson Plus £35 - but while clean I find they don't offer any 'connection' with the type of music I like - they produce a wall of sound imo. So if you like a "wall of sound"...er...sound, try them.

McRagefit

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Lol.... I'm asking for suggestions myself.

And yes interconnects make a huge difference. Maybe not seemingly dramatic instantly but over a long listening period they make or break a system. Between 20 to 40 english pounds is what you're most likely looking at initially. But more expensive does not always mean better ( according to taste).

Try a 20poundish cable to start , look at the buyers guide.

I've started with the Chord Crimson Plus £35 - but while clean I find they don't offer any 'connection' with the type of music I like - they produce a wall of sound imo. So if you like a "wall of sound"...er...sound, try them.

Thanks for the comment! I'm looking at the buyers guide now, but I'm still a bit puzzled about which type/brand of cables would fit my system.

Any general recommendations or remarks on that?

McRagefit said:
Dear all,

Because of all the questions about cables lately, I thought to throw in my own question
smiley-wink.gif

I have the PM6003 amp connected to a pair of B&W685's using inakustik speaker cables.
My two sources, CD6003 and ST6003, are now connected to the amp using the standard interconnects that came in the box.

Would I gain much improvement in sound quality when I upgrade the interconnects? If so, which cables would be recommendable for my system?

I wonder how expensive the new ones should be to gain a noticable improvement in sound quality..
smiley-smile.gif

Thanks in advance!

Thierry

Hi Thierry

I'll recommend that you carry on using the basic interconnects supplied with the CD6003 and ST6003 :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly Cypher I don't think people give them enough. Although it will depend on how good your speakers are and the signal being sent, but cables really do make a big difference.

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Thompsonuxb said:
Honestly Cypher I don't think people give them enough. Although it will depend on how good your speakers are and the signal being sent, but cables really do make a big difference.

We disagree but that's ok :)

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
QED Performance 2 - 40 english pounds. Are an excellent interconnect

the cost of 2 and a half music CD's( full price) - worth it, honestly.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts