plugs or spades

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
just a quick survey on banana plugs or spade lugs which are better pros or cons on each thanks

just purchased the B&W 685 and looks like banana plugs will be tight for bi wire side of things

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I am using banana plugs at the moment (normally prefer bare wires but not very user friendly) and also had a set that terminated with spades.

There are no pro and con between them imo, sound the same to me but bananas are easiest to play with.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
nemof:
just a quick survey on banana plugs or spade lugs which are better pros or cons on each thanks

just purchased the B&W 685 and looks like banana plugs will be tight for bi wire side of things

Hi nemof,

There should be little discernable difference in terms of performance between a banana plug and spade made from the same materials. Usually the choice comes down to preference: banana plugs are easy to remove and re-install but can sometimes pull out easily depending upon the design (i.e., some do not have a spring clip which means that are easily pulled out - if this happens when your amplifier is on then damage can occur to the amplifier(s) and/or speakers); spades can obviously be tighted to offer a secure termination that will not work loose and as such not as easy to remove and re-install as bananas.

Hope this might help.

Kind regards,
Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts