Pleaseing everyone

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have been tasked with sorting out a new stereo for my work place to replace our old knacked Bush CD/Tape/FM radio thing.

The main request I've had is that the new system has a DAB radio, I'd like something with a CD or USB to play CDs or MP3s through, other people have said they want a tape deck so they can use some gadget to play their Ipods but I'm thinking an Ipod dock would be better, having an FM/AM radio as a back up might be nice.

I know that's quite a lot of things to require out of one thing and I'm always wary of things that try to do too many things, but being a work thing the sound quality doesn't need to be amazing and it doesn't need to turn up loud.

Something that was quite small and compact would be ideal cos we haven't got loads of space for a massive system.

Finally pricewise I was looking for something under around £150 preferably a few options of a <£100 one, a ~£100 one and a >£100 one so I can offer everyone a choice.

I know I'm asking a lot here but I'm really hoping someone can help me out cos I'm a bit stuck!

Cheers,

Rowan

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Rowan,

We've yet to see an iPod/DAB combo that'll work well in a workplace (on a bedside table, the £100 Pure Chronos iDock works well, however).

Do you want meaty, room-filling sounds or subtle background sounds? If the former, find floorspace for Intempo's IF-01, a powerful iPod system which will take a feed from any MP3 player or DAB radio. Yours for £150 or under.

If you're after a more subtle iPod dock sound - and one that'll go anywhere, courtesy of battery or mains power - is the Logitech Pure-Fi Anywhere. Costs around £80 and is a five-star Award winner. Will also accept feed in from other MP3 players and DAB radios.

Also consider the mains-only (but beefier desktop solution than the Logitech) Klipsch iGroove SXT. £90, and again will accept feed from other MP3 player and DAB radios.

Then add in any DAB radio of your choice - Pure's One is a good entry-level option to add to your set-up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts