Please teach me the ways of Hi-Fi.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hey, I'm a student (therefore with a budget) who's getting more obsessed with the latest tech and what not. Probs is, I really don't know how it all works, how it all fits together. At the back of every What Hi-Fi mag in the buyers guide pages I see all sorts of amps, recievers, pre-amps, speaker packages etc, and I have no idea how they all fit together, what goes with what.

I've purchased a few bedroom things, playing it safe with nothing complex, (Sony KDL-26T3000, a proberbly not so good Logitech 5.1 surround kit, mainly for the Xbox 360). I'm keen to upgrade the speakers, though worry about stepping outside the Home Cinema all-in-one sets (been looking at the Sony DAV-IS10).

So basically, can anyone explain how it all fits together, and what cables fit between each piece, even if it's just the absolute basics. I've been looking for a diagram or something but it's hard to find a starting point. Thanks a lot for any help.

A

Anonymous

Are you looking to go 2 channel (i.e. traditional stereo) or 5.1? Obviously a tight budget will go further if it's the former.

A

Anonymous

If I upgrade I'll proberbly stay with 5.1. I'm not so much asking for advice on what to buy here though as I am just wondering how it all fits together, just so I understand what I'm reading about.

A

Anonymous

Try this which I found useful at the time http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/glossary.asp

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts