please recomend me a balanced xlr for primare combo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there,im currently using the chord cameleon silver plus analogue interconnects for my i30 and cd31 but id like to get the best out of them so can you guys reccomend me a decent xlr cable ? iv seen a krystal kable galaxy silver for £50 is this a good cable ? would it be a suitable replacement or better than the chord i already have ? thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I've got the same amp and i use the chord chorus 2 XLR with a DAC magic.

big improvement on the phono connections i was using before but only XLR i've tested.

i see you have the ATC's on your I30 i was thinking of a speaker upgrade soon.

how do they compare to my current MA RS6 which i see you also have?

fowler:hi there,im currently using the chord cameleon silver plus analogue interconnects for my i30 and cd31 but id like to get the best out of them so can you guys reccomend me a decent xlr cable ? iv seen a krystal kable galaxy silver for £50 is this a good cable ? would it be a suitable replacement or better than the chord i already have ? thanks

Hi fowler

I have heard the Chord although not the Krystal Kable.

You may also want to consider Van Den Hul's Integration Hybrid. The Integration Hybrid is a cable that i have now mostly used (RCA and XLR) for nearly nine years at work and at home. The Integration Hybrid is my reference cable.

The Integration Hybrid at RRP is alot more money than the £50 for the Krystal however it is a worthwhile upgrade over the Chord.

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
fowler:hi there,im currently using the chord cameleon silver plus analogue interconnects for my i30 and cd31 but id like to get the best out of them so can you guys reccomend me a decent xlr cable ? iv seen a krystal kable galaxy silver for £50 is this a good cable ? would it be a suitable replacement or better than the chord i already have ? thanks

Erm,why not go the whole hog with atlas ?. The navigators are very good. Dont bother with the quadstars as a cheaper option. But if you want to blow a load of your hard earnt,read my sig. Tip, offer to buy, regardless of what brand you go for in the end, their demo set. I did and got a positve answer plus a huge discount on the second pair.

A

Anonymous

Spring-Heeled Jud:

Hi,

big improvement on the phono connections i was using before but only XLR i've tested.

thanks for the reply, im no expert but as good as the rs6's are for me they cant match the atc11's for detail, clarity etc, there brilliant little speakers they can handle any kind of music you throw at them - very musical i cant reccomend them enough and a great match for the i30. im looking to upgrade to the atc40's after christmas if rick can find me a pair of ex demo's. if you have any questions about atc ask rick he's posted on this thread he knows everthing there is to know about atc.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Spring-Heeled Jud:

Hi,

I also use Chorus 2 XLR from amp to DacMagic through to my RS6s. The Chorus is very good. Fowler, I've used the Chameleon (still do with my receiver to amp connection) and the XLR upgrade is well worth it.

A

Anonymous

floyd droid:

Erm,why not go the whole hog with atlas ?. The navigators are very good. Dont bother with the quadstars as a cheaper option. But if you want to blow a load of your hard earnt,read my sig. Tip, offer to buy, regardless of what brand you go for in the end, their demo set. I did and got a positve answer plus a huge discount on the second pair.

hi mate,how much are the navigators? id love the electra's but im not paying that kind of money out for a cable

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:Spring-Heeled Jud:

Hi,

I also use Chorus 2 XLR from amp to DacMagic through to my RS6s. The Chorus is very good. Fowler, I've used the Chameleon (still do with my receiver to amp connection) and the XLR upgrade is well worth it.thanks gerrard how much is the chorus? i dont want to pay silly money for a cable, im thinking about £120 max. off topic have you had a listen to the new rx6's by any chance? are you keeping your rs6's? iv only just upgraded recently to the rs6's so was gutted when the new one's replaced them.

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:

Hi fowler

You may also want to consider Van Den Hul's Integration Hybrid. The Integration Hybrid is a cable that i have now mostly used (RCA and XLR) for nearly nine years at work and at home. The Integration Hybrid is my reference cable.

The Integration Hybrid at RRP is alot more money than the £50 for the Krystal however it is a worthwhile upgrade over the Chord.

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
thanks rick im hoping to pick some atc40's ex demo up after christmas im hoping you can help me? cheers david.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
fowler: hi mate,how much are the navigators? id love the electra's but im not paying that kind of money out for a cable

Going by your budget max ,too much. But you will lose nowt by picking up the phone and just asking dealers if they will sell their dems. The RRPs that you see mean nowt these days. The main problem with the price of xlrs is the cost of the xlr plugs themselves. You are talking around a ton before they have any wire in them,atlas ones that is.

fowler:Spring-Heeled Jud:

Hi,

thanks for the reply, im no expert but as good as the rs6's are for me they cant match the atc11's for detail, clarity etc, there brilliant little speakers they can handle any kind of music you throw at them - very musical i cant reccomend them enough and a great match for the i30. im looking to upgrade to the atc40's after christmas if rick can find me a pair of ex demo's. if you have any questions about atc ask rick he's posted on this thread he knows everthing there is to know about atc.

Hi fowler

Thanks for your kind words and for your support.
emotion-1.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

fowler:MUSICRAFT:

Hi fowler

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

thanks rick im hoping to pick some atc40's ex demo up after christmas im hoping you can help me? cheers david.

Hi David

Thanks for your post.

You are my customer so i'll go one better.
emotion-1.gif
Anyway we'll talk later.

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
fowler:Gerrardasnails:Spring-Heeled Jud:

Hi,

I also use Chorus 2 XLR from amp to DacMagic through to my RS6s. The Chorus is very good. Fowler, I've used the Chameleon (still do with my receiver to amp connection) and the XLR upgrade is well worth it.thanks gerrard how much is the chorus? i dont want to pay silly money for a cable, im thinking about £120 max. off topic have you had a listen to the new rx6's by any chance? are you keeping your rs6's? iv only just upgraded recently to the rs6's so was gutted when the new one's replaced them.

XLR cables are a bit dearer than the RCA of the same model. The Chorus 2 XLR are about £280 for 1m - I won mine on ebay for about £180.

I'm happy with my RS6s - I love them. When I upgrade (when the kids are both at school and I'm not paying stupid nursery fees) I would go up a level. The RX6s look great though.

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:fowler:MUSICRAFT:

Hi fowler

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi David

Thanks for your post.

You are my customer so i'll go one better.
emotion-1.gif
Anyway we'll talk later.

Thanks for your support.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft
cheers rick sounds good. im putting my atc11's up for sale at the begining of december to raise some cash, so i'll speak to you soon cheers david.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails:fowler:Gerrardasnails:Spring-Heeled Jud:

Hi,

XLR cables are a bit dearer than the RCA of the same model. The Chorus 2 XLR are about £280 for 1m - I won mine on ebay for about £180.

I'm happy with my RS6s - I love them. When I upgrade (when the kids are both at school and I'm not paying stupid nursery fees) I would go up a level. The RX6s look great though.i think i'll have to make do with the chameleon for a while and raise some more funds for the xlr cable £300 max i think.i would expect a big improvement over the chameleon for that kind of money. im really happy with my rs6's in my av system there quality im not going to change them for a while yet.

TRENDING THREADS