Please Help- Which Speakers with Pioneer SC-LX71

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please could I get some advice on the best speaker package to go with a Pioneer SC-LX 71. I'm looking for a 7.1 set up so I can get the best out of THX Select 2, if possible within my budget of 1,500. I'm mainly into games and movies.

The room measures (L)6.7m x (w)2.6m x (w)2.4m (42m cubed, 1496 cubed).

Many Thanks

Jutley (apologies for the formality, it's my first ever post)

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Hi Jutley, are you looking for style speakers or could your room handle full sized speakers? At the very least could you put three full sized speakers at the front?

Nick

A

Anonymous

Full sized would give the better sound, and I looked in to mix-matching which wasn't really advised. I would prefer to add just 2 extra speakers to a 5.1 speaker package.

Bob

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You could just about get the B&W 685 Home Theatre package and add a couple of extra 686s (or the M1s if you need a bit more subtlety) for 7.1. This just comes in under your budget at RRP, but I'm sure you could get a deal to ensure you get all the stands and cables you need for the speakers.

A

Anonymous

Cheers I was thinking about them, although I found these with THX cert....do you anything about them.

http://www.teufel.eu/THX/System-6-THX-Select.cfm

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
As far as I know they were released in October, but haven't been reviewed yet. ÿI wouldn't get too hung up about THX certification if I were you. ÿCall me a cynic, but I'm not over-impressed by badges! ÿThe B&W system (without THX cert) is a winner and you could audition it alongside other five-star speaker packages. ÿI'd also like to throw into the mix the new Quad L-ite2 set-up, which has just received an excellent review in a rival mag. ÿAll of the various finishes look gorgeous and it's easily expandable/upgrade-able by adding speakers from the larger L2 range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts