Please help- Problem setting up my Sony DAV IS50

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am new member of this community and not very technical when it comes to music systems and home theartre systems. Recently I bought a Sony DAV IS50 home theatre system. I tried connecting DAV IS50 with my TV and there are some problems with that.

What I did:

1 - Connected DAV IS50 control unit to my Sony Bravia LCD TV by using HDMI port.

2 - Connected TV and DAV IS50 control unit with TV with red and white pin (both ends) cord ( as shown in booklet)

3 - Sky and TV are connected by scart lead.

Problems:

1 - While watching DVD sound is coming from all the speakers but while watching TV sound is still coming from TV speakers.

2 - Sound from surrond speakers is different from front speakers while playing DVD. Is it normal and part of surround sound effect or is it a fault?

I would really appreciate if Hi Fi community help me with these problems.

Thanks.

Regards,

Arvind

A

Anonymous

Hi

I don't know this particular piece of kit, but a couple of general points. It is not clear if you meant that sound only came from the TV or sound came both from the TV and the speakers. With aÿsurroundÿsound system, the TV will still produce sound unless you turn the volume to 0.

Also, the sound sounds different from fronts when playing DVD. Most of the dialogue comes from the front and centre speakers, and often background sounds or action stuff (explosions, bulletÿricochets) come from the back. Sometimes a noise will move across the sound field from front to back. Is that what you mean?ÿ

ProLogic (which you normally get from regular TV) can sound a bit squelchy in the rear speakers during dialogue. ÿ

Also, does your Sky box have an optical output (coaxial/optical)?. If so, that will be a better audio connection and allow you to get Dolby Digital sound. ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts