Please help me with my system setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I've just had my new panasonic TH-42pz85,Im very happy with my tv but I am

a bit confused on how best to connect all my equipment.I currently have a PS3 connected

to the tv via a IXOS 1m xht458.I also have a pansonic dvd recorder(dmr-es15) and a panasonic home cinema system(sa-ht520).Do I need to get a new home cinema system to get the most of my system,as I will be using the PS3 to watch my films from now on and If I cant connect the surround sound then It becomes useless?

Please help?:)

Thanks

A

Anonymous

A new Home cinema system will really benefit your setup. "Home cinema in a box" solutions dont bring the best quality. If you want to use your PS3 as a disc player, I would recommend purchasing an amplifier with 1080p pass through, such as the Onkyo TX-SR505. This enables the 1080p image to be fed to your lovely panasonic telly and the sound is then dealt with by the amplifier. NB you must use a HDMI Cable for this to happen with the PS3, as Sony promises HD audio formats will be available soon, which you will undoubtably want to make the most of, and these formats cannot be transferred via an optical cable. I would recommend a system based around that amplifier or similar - It is not really wort getting a fabulously high end one if you are not using a dedicated DVD Player. I would recommend looking through the hot deals page on Creative-Audio's website, where Amp/Speaker combinations are already arranged and are available to buy. http://www.creative-audio.co.uk/hotsystemsAMP_ONK505.htm Any of those systems will do the trick; just find one that falls within your budget. Creative-Audio's pricing is very competitive.

If your panasonic amplifier has RCA audio inputs, it is possible to run the sound from your equipment through it by connecting the RCA audio output on the back of your TV, or better still an optical cable, provided you have an optical inout on the back of your amp. This should serve as a temporary solution. Regards, Lewis

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts