Please Help Me Choose Between These Speakers ?

augustya

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I need some help buying a good Speakers. I will mention you guys my requirement so it would be much easier for you guys to suggest something. I am looking out for these speakers to be used along with my iPad, iPhone and Macbook Pro (Music, Even to watch movies yes even I would use these same speakers for both the Music and Movies even though I know these kind of speakers are not meant for movie watching, but I don't think I can spend separately for both and especially when I am gonna keep and use these speakers in my Bedroom).

About what I am looking out for in speakers.I am in to listening a lot of EDM, Techno, BASS heavy music, so the speaker that I go for should have heavy, very powerful BASS, But having said that since I am gonna use these speakers also for watching movies etc...The Bass should not overpower or overshadow the other mid, low sounds of the audio sample being playedoff.So having a balance of sound i,e Proper Balance of BASS, Mid, Low is also equally important. Rather then just having a BASS feeling something pounding your head with a Hammer. But EDM music only sounds better in BASS powerful speakers so...I am kind of in a fix.

I have shortlisted 2 speakers if any of you sound technicians here, speaker experts can help me choose between these.

1. Bower&Wilkins Zeppelin Air the name speaks for itself One of the most premium and trusted brands in the audio speakers industry My listening experience had moderate amount of BASS (I mean good enough didn't sound like a boombox) but pretty good along with proper balance of sound like mid's and lows.

2. Klipsch KMC 3- Wow ! what a huge sound these small piece of thing can produce, the BASS produce by these tiny looking speakers is Huge, it is magnanimous, It is thundering !! Though I liked it for the bass, I don't know if it would be a good choice against the Zeppelin Air especially when I am gonna use it for movies aswell. EDM tracks is fine but what if I wanna use it otherwise then having just BASS will not help right ?

I am getting some recommendations for JBL L8 how is that as a speaker from the pictures it looks a little bulky and long speakers I don't know if it makes sense to have something like it in a bed room, a little portable is more suited I guess but I don't know sound quality has to come first so if this stands out the best from the above two maybe I will have a thought about the L8 aswell.Any suggestions people ? Can you guys help me decide between these people ?

Thanks in Advance !

Welcome to the forum!

You have heard both and I'm not sure what you hope to learn that will help you decide. None of this is hifi as we know it. It might be enjoyable and convenient. You will see elsewhere on the forum that Home Theatre and Music reproduction do not always sit well together. Portable type speakers and heavy bass do not tend to go together either, for hopefully obvious reasons. This magazine gave the Klipsch KMC 3 only 3 stars, but you may find it ideal. The Air is universally praised, as long as you like the looks. What about these are an alternative:-

http://www.whathifi.com/review/a5-1

This might help too:-

http://www.whathifi.com/news/best-wireless-speakers-to-buy-in-2014

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
augustya said:
Hi Guys,

I need some help buying a good Speakers. I will mention you guys my requirement so it would be much easier for you guys to suggest something. I am looking out for these speakers to be used along with my iPad, iPhone and Macbook Pro (Music, Even to watch movies yes even I would use these same speakers for both the Music and Movies even though I know these kind of speakers are not meant for movie watching, but I don't think I can spend separately for both and especially when I am gonna keep and use these speakers in my Bedroom).

About what I am looking out for in speakers.I am in to listening a lot of EDM, Techno, BASS heavy music, so the speaker that I go for should have heavy, very powerful BASS, But having said that since I am gonna use these speakers also for watching movies etc...The Bass should not overpower or overshadow the other mid, low sounds of the audio sample being playedoff.So having a balance of sound i,e Proper Balance of BASS, Mid, Low is also equally important. Rather then just having a BASS feeling something pounding your head with a Hammer. But EDM music only sounds better in BASS powerful speakers so...I am kind of in a fix.

I have shortlisted 2 speakers if any of you sound technicians here, speaker experts can help me choose between these.

1. Bower&Wilkins Zeppelin Air the name speaks for itself One of the most premium and trusted brands in the audio speakers industry My listening experience had moderate amount of BASS (I mean good enough didn't sound like a boombox) but pretty good along with proper balance of sound like mid's and lows.

2. Klipsch KMC 3- Wow ! what a huge sound these small piece of thing can produce, the BASS produce by these tiny looking speakers is Huge, it is magnanimous, It is thundering !! Though I liked it for the bass, I don't know if it would be a good choice against the Zeppelin Air especially when I am gonna use it for movies aswell. EDM tracks is fine but what if I wanna use it otherwise then having just BASS will not help right ?

I am getting some recommendations for JBL L8 how is that as a speaker from the pictures it looks a little bulky and long speakers I don't know if it makes sense to have something like it in a bed room, a little portable is more suited I guess but I don't know sound quality has to come first so if this stands out the best from the above two maybe I will have a thought about the L8 aswell.Any suggestions people ? Can you guys help me decide between these people ?

Thanks in Advance !

Where are you based?

If you are in the UK their are many separates options that will probably give you a bigger better sound. Budget and availability is everything and it depends a lot on what you want.

A pair of active studio monitors and an Airport Express will give great results with a far bigger and punchier sound than anything mentioned above, prices start at a little over £200, just say the maximum you want to spend and I can offer a suggestion or two if you want to go down that route.

augustya

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
davedotco said:
augustya said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance !

Where are you based?

If you are in the UK their are many separates options that will probably give you a bigger better sound. Budget and availability is everything and it depends a lot on what you want.

A pair of active studio monitors and an Airport Express will give great results with a far bigger and punchier sound than anything mentioned above, prices start at a little over £200, just say the maximum you want to spend and I can offer a suggestion or two if you want to go down that route.

Well I dont want to go the Studio Monitor Speares way...I want to keep it as portable as possible...So mostly looking in Dock Speakers...I am not in the U.K !

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
augustya said:
davedotco said:
augustya said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in Advance !

Where are you based?

Well I dont want to go the Studio Monitor Speares way...I want to keep it as portable as possible...So mostly looking in Dock Speakers...I am not in the U.K !

No probem, not an area I can help with though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts