PLEASE HELP ME BUILD HEADPHONE BASED SYSTEM!

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i want to build a quality headphone based system but not being a total expert on these matters i'll need help from what hifi! I've already bought a pro-ject headbox mk11 headphone amp, i also own a pair of igrado headphones(which i love, but plan to upgrade to the grado sr60, is it worth the upgrade?) then i plan to buy the marantz cd6002. how would this sytaem work together? can i do better for the money? and would the marantz be suited to the pro-ject headbox or does it deserve a more expensive headphone amp like the creek? any advice would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

What you already have sounds v good (Headphones, Headbox) however I would suggest you go for a better CD P to make the most of the Grado's. Eg. Rega Apollo, Cyrus CD 6SE (out soon) etc...

Gwyndy

Jul 20, 2007
Visit site
Agree totally with Ranglo on this one, I demoed a Headbox with my Grado SR225s and a Cyrus 8 CD player- By Eck it were nice.
I'm now running the Grados with a Linn Ikemi and a Sugden Headmaster, there are nicer things in life, but i think I'd get banned if I told you what they were.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
so basically the pro-ject headbox deserves a better source? i thiught maybe the rega apollo would have been overkill for the headbox? sounds like i'm wrong!

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
most headphone amps are a step up from the normal input on an intergrated amp so no problems there. i quite like project's electronics i just think their decks are overated. a better source will give you more detail and the rega is not lacking in that deparment. grado's are nice headphones but dont forget sennheisers and the goldrings that dont lose out to the more expensive sennys. my main concern at the moment is, is the premiership slipping away from us.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gooner26"]
so basically the pro-ject headbox deserves a better source? i thiught maybe the rega apollo would have been overkill for the headbox? sounds like i'm wrong!
[/quote]

No, the Rega Apollo is by far a good enough source! And the Project Headbox is nearly as good! I would advise on new headphones - I have the SR60s and they are sublime.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gregory"]my main concern at the moment is, is the premiership slipping away from us.[/quote]

If I said I supported West Ham, would that cheer you up?

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i may yet plump for the rega apollo. if it comes down in price hopefully. i cant believe we are throwing it away against teams we should be destroying. maybe we''ll win the champions league instead. its not over yet!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts