please help get me started

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
this site was recomended by friend.this is all new to me so here we go, iwas given a panasonic 42in plasma think its a pz and now want to get on home cinema trail, ihave a dvd player but am told i need bluray player, av amp with hdmi that decodes hd audio and 5.1 speakers,I want to start with budget kit at first and then maybe upgrade as the financial situation allows so if you have the time any and all advice is extreamly welcome. thankyou

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well a budget for us to work round would be a good start, but if you want to get the whole setup right away a suitable budget would br about £1000. For this you will need an amp something like these Sony dg-820 for £250, Onkyo 606 for £400 or Denon 1909 for £450, then speakers Jamo a102hcs5 for £250, Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 hcp for £350 Q Acoustic 1010i for £450. Last a Bluray Player Sony 350 for £179, Panasinic 35 for £250 or less..

A

Anonymous

looking to spend £500 now then £500 december so i supose just the bluray now then,should i go for the panasonic with the veira link.just been out and bought the awards issue there are two panasonics,the 35 and 55 would i get the benefit of the more expensive one or stick to the entry level with my other budget kit

up the music

Mar 13, 2008
Visit site
I would say don't get the Bluray first unless you really insist. Aren't the prices still falling a bit for relatively new technology, and subsequent generation machines are always better. Stick with your DVD player. You'll probably br so impressed with the new TV in comparison to whatever you were using before that you won't notice it's not Bluray. Each Bluray disk you buy now eats into your budget anyway.

I'm assuming you have Sky or Freeview which I'd say was next most important thing after a TV.

Take your time and do your research and you'll hopfully turn up a couple of bargain amp and speaker buys. As you are cashless look at EBay, Richers etc.

XMas and January sales is the time for Bluray, especially with a recession coming on. If you do it right you'll even get a load of Bluray disks for XMas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts