Please do something

bob.g

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
JoelSim,

I remember you mentioning this when we were at the 'Big Question'. The comment was valid and well received and my understanding was that it would be fed back for review and action. Obviously not.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I suppose the one bonus is that every product is a 5 star product.

But really, the grey and the red come from the same part of the spectrum and it's almost impossible to see what it is without turning into Mr Magoo and bringing the mag up to eye level and looking at it at different angles. Given that 20% of males are colourblind...

John_S

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Sorry you've been having problems with the new colours in the star ratings. We're on the case, though - the Awards issue will see the return of the older, more easily read tints.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
John_S:We're on the case, though - the Awards issue will see the return of the older, more easily read tints.
The awards issue is not going to be packed with 3 or 4 star items though
emotion-2.gif

I am not colour blind but I still find the star ratings hard going in certain light. (Those pesky energy saving CF bulbs!)

Having just the red stars on a white background - or whatever colour that bit of the page is - would be better. (ie no greyed out stars)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
chebby:

emotion-2.gif

It could well be - remember, we have a packed section of First Tests in the issue; only a handful may be Award winners.....

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
chebby:John_S:We're on the case, though - the Awards issue will see the return of the older, more easily read tints.

emotion-2.gif

I am not colour blind but I still find the star ratings hard going in certain light. (Those pesky energy saving CF bulbs!)

Having just the red stars on a white background - or whatever colour that bit of the page is - would be better. (ie no greyed out stars)

Couldn't agree more. Pesky grey stars.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
John_S:

Hi,

Sorry you've been having problems with the new colours in the star ratings. We're on the case, though - the Awards issue will see the return of the older, more easily read tints.

It was just as bad before John, the star colours need to be made completely different, if you use red stars then for a four star product the fifth star needs to be poles away from where it is now, not just a different tint of grey. I had the problem well before the last issue. I do understand corporate colourways and all that, but there must be a solution, like Chebby said having no star would be far easier to read.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts