Played around a bit and now confused! Speakers!

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi, I would really welcome some opinions please.

Over the weekend i set up my old Mission 853's and compared them to the SA1's. Differences were obvious, the 853s being much bigger had larger presence and more impact, which i liked a lot. And were also more 'out in the room' too, which i also liked. However, they didnt seem as natural as the SA1's, and the treble was way to overblown, great air, but sounded more euphoric than realistic. Which made them sound quite disjointed through the frequency range. And were just a bit too much, i was quite fatigued by the end of the session.

My confusion arises because i would now like the best of both worlds, the natural sounding, musicality of the SA1's with a more open airy sound, and more impact like the 853's.

Should I change for another standmount (always been interested in AVI Neutron 5's, which then makes me think if getting rid of the rotel and quake and get the sub too as i like it has a DAC (will stream at some point) as well as integrated duties), or a smallish floorstander, i like the look of the Dali Ikon 5mkII.

I dont mind considering (probably prefer) second hand options as well as new. Music i listen to is Muse, Tori Amos, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Florence and The Machine type stuff, and classical. Room is 3 x 3m. Budget is up to 900 pounds.

Thanks everyone.

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
supplying low frequencies to accompany the SA1's. I just dont find the 2 together give the same impact as the 853s. which they probably wouldnt due to the differences in cabinet sizes etc. Hence why im a bit confused, bookshelf or standmount?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts