plasma v lcd

m.j

Dec 5, 2008
Visit site
i have spent the last 2 weeks at different friends houses ( mrs booted me out !!! needed space ??) anyway the friends in question have a samsung series 7 40" £1150 from last years range a philips 37"£800 from this year, and a sharp 46"£1200 this years model ,

i have tested all with blu-ray and sky hd and freeview .

the philips was the worst (and cheapest to be fair ) motion handling was a little poor , not great at detail or colour reproduction.

the sharp was next and it was ok when watchin footy on sky sports( but not great) really poor with SD material and motion was the worst on here

the samsung was a big step up and straight away better blacks better motion and richer colours .

then finally went back home and used my krp-500a , and all i can say is wow

got it in february and still amazes me how good the picture is ,for me the new lcd tv's( LED etc) really are pushing the limits of what the technology can do and they are really good , but a good plasma just has something about it that i cant explain , i would urge any one thinking of buying a new tv, if your budget can stretch to it get a kuro before there all gone.

and let the battle comence ......

( be gentle )

TKratz

Jun 13, 2008
Visit site
This has been discussed numerous times (and if you move ahead just one page you will find a thread with the exact same title...)

All I can say is that I fully agree. In my opinion there are no current TV's getting near the latest Pioneer plasma's.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
It has indeed been done to death. Not sure we'll convince some, and the companies who would rather churn out inferior cheaper LCDs are a law unto themselves.

And its "plasmas".
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

"Music will provide the light you cannot resist" love it...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts